Chapter 14: Serenity.

As the two flew, Jærvun felt a small pain every time he flapped his wings.

'I guess I can get this checked out when we get there.' he thought.

The wind was warm. An updraft.
Predictable, as it was late morning.
'This would have beem prime time for a race.' he says as he stared at Yùleyne.

She nodded, speeding up a small amount.
This gave the illusion of a race, But as they were going now, it was more of a speedy glide.

Observing the vast land of the city, Jærvun saw glimpses of how the Røwstíol were trained as they flew by.

There were many different squadrons sitting in their own social circles, Jærvun noticed that a discussion seemed to be sparked among one of the groups before they left his vision.

Another squadron was magic training, one was combat training.

The sight of soldiers training slowly became more scarce as they steadily flew out of the military territory, into the noble area of the city.

The second they entered noble territory, they were greeted by a wild spectacle.

There was a colossal wall directly in the middle of the area.

The blur had said that the lunatic blockaded half of the Noble district, but he expected the blockade to be at most, 2 people tall. Not higher than the city wall itself.

Jærvun slowly rose higher so he can fly over the wall.

'I hope nobody got hurt.' He thought to himself.

Gärehn was sitting down and tending to his wounds again.

A friendly lady saw what was happening earlier, and volunteered to watch over the kids as he patched himself up.

He was sitting on a bench,applying a Gauze provided to him by a nurse.

He kept diligent effort in staying away from the gaze of anyone else.

As he tightened the bandage around his waist, his attention was taken by a familiar face.

'Well, good news Doc, it really was just a build up.' Gärehn said, groaning as he put his shirt back on.

'That's the least of our problems right now, Sir Gärehn.' the doctor said as he took off his glasses.
'I feel ashamed of myself...'

'Ah, don't pull yourself down, it was nothing. Nobody ever expects to be the target of assassination in their everyday lives.'
Gärehn says as the doctor sat beside him.
'You're lucky that I was there too. He was an experienced one.'

'Sir...'

'Sorry about your coat, it was the only thing that was useable at the time.' Gärehn pats the back of the doctor.

'It's fine,Sir. I can always get one sewn.'

'Then it's all good.'

The two of them quietly watched the surroundings for a bit.

Apart from the giant spikes that protruding from the ground, the hospital and treatment center had mostly returned to the normal routines.

The children were playing again, the nurses were helping patients, and the world was calm, like it should be.

The serenity was unsettling in how fast it set in.

The assassin was still out there. But that didn't seem to concern anyone around currently.

It gave a lulling sensation to both of them...

So they just observed. No words exchanged.

After a while, the doctor stood up.