Chapter 11: Bad thoughts.

Yùleyne was distraught. She had never felt so terrified of an ally in her life.

Everything about that event was wrong to her in every aspect.

She had never seen a sibling be so hostile towards another sibling, especially to this extent.

'She's just training him, she has a reputation of going overboard when training people doesn't she? Even Gärehn knew that.' was a reasoning that she came up with, it did nothing to convince her.

All she knew at this moment, was that Shiyīvnē is more dangerous than people make her out to be.

She exceeded her reputation. And that is an understatement.

Jærvun was left in a tent to recover. With Yùleyne staying around to comfort him.

She couldn't just leave him after seeing what had just befallen him.

They sat silently on the benches inside the tent, facing each other.

Jærvun didn't seem all that scared. More shocked if looked at from an outside perspective.

But Yùleyne knew better. She had been with him long enough to know that his secret way to hide his fear, by scratching the inside of his right index finger with his thumb whenever he was scared.

And though he placed his hands to the side of his thighs, essentially hiding them from Yùleyne, she knew that he was scratching away,

She could not utter a word. She did not know anything that could comfort him right now.

All she could do was stay and wonder what his current thoughts could be.

Jærvun took in a deep breath and stood up. Yùleyne stood up after him

'I guess I just have to live with that knowledge, huh?' he asked her.
'I'm just a potential example for her troops. A disposable foot soldier.'

Hearing those words made Yùleyne's heart sink.

He sighs.
'I should have expected that.'

Yùleyne hugs and wraps her wings around him.

'I-I don't know what to say...'

Jærvun wraps his hands around her waist and hugs her tight.

'It's fine, I won't let it keep me down.'

'No, You should stop for the day. This isn't something you just walk off.'

Jærvun looked like he was considering it.

After some thought, he shook his head.

'It's not something I can just let stir in the back of my mind either, it would make it worse.
Whether I like it or not, I Have to walk this off.'

He lets go of their embrace and starts walking.

'If it puts your mind at ease, think of it as my own way of proving that she's wrong, that I'm not disposable.'

Jærvun went outside of the tent.

Yùleyne stayed inside for a little while longer.

His own way of proving that she's wrong, it sounded like the worst way he could have went about this.

But there wasn't any easy way to change his mind.

So instead, she would help him.

As his wife, she has to help him.

She starts to walk, unsure about what she could do to help, but she would do her best.

Shiyīvnē was waiting for both her and Jærvun, she had the same expression she did earlier. One of extreme boredom and disinterest.