Chapter 16: The thought of making a disaster.

Gärehn was anxious as he walked up the stairs going to the council.

He was, as the more crude trainees say, 'In deep shit.'

Taking a deep breath, he took more steps.

This was the situation he wanted to avoid the most.

His chest felt light, but his neck felt heavy, like he swallowed something he cannot throw up.

And on top of that, his fingers started shivering.

'Calm down. The News hasn't reached her yet.' Shiyīvnē said. Clasping Gärehn's shoulder.

After he recovered from the surprise, Gärehn now felt like he was going to tip over.

Silently, he walked forward, Çhirē Shiyīvnē following closely behind him. She was a member of the council as well, if she took his side, he won't need to reason with his mother as much.

At the top, there were many guards at the entrance.
Upon closer inspection, they were the same guards from earlier.

'Well, it seems my prediction was wrong.' Çhirē Shiyīvnē said.

With a deep breath, Gärehn pushed the doors opened.

'I HAVE NO LOYALTY TO YOU! YOU DON'T DESERVE YOUR RANKS!' The assassin yelled, getting yanked into a kneeling stance by his binds.

'You will get a reduced sentence if you cooperate. We do not desire war.' Queen Kreïgmëne said, waving off the Elite guards waiting to silence the assassin.

Shiyīvnē gently shoved Gärehn into the center before walking to her chair on the right side of the table.

Queen Kreïgmëne immediately notice both of them.

Tilting her head, she motioned to Gärehn.
'My youngest, What amount of involvement do you have with this matter?'

Gärehn opened his mouth, yet found himself unable to speak.

This concerned Queen Kreïgmëne, causing her to stand up and jump, landing right next to Gärehn and Pulling him into a hug.

'What is wrong? This is not a matter to be kept secret.'

Gärehn still could not speak.

'He is in shock, Queen Kreïgmëne. After all, he was the target of our convict.' Çhirē Shiyīvnē said, shifting the placements of her feet on the table.

'How do you know this?' Queen Kreïgmëne asked.

'I knew that this was something he could not speak out about. So I consulted him about the events before he decided to arrive here of his own volition...
According to him, It all happened earlier this day.'

Gärehn felt his throat loosen a small bit after hearing that.

'Is this true?' his mother asked him.

After another failed attempt to speak, Gärehn could only nod.

'First it was Yùleyne, now you... I fear for Lüxxanå.'

Jærvun was having trouble keeping up with Yùleyne.

'Can you slow down for a sec? Why are we in a hurry?'

Yùleyne did not speak...

Once they've reached their destination. She sped walked into the building. Not acknowledging the people looking at her.

Until eventually she spoke to what Jærvun assumed was a staff member.

'Do you know where Lüx is?' she asked.