Chapter 18: Catch em.

'Falling into your plan? Is this tournament a giant piece of bait?' Yùleyne says.

'Çhirē Shiyīvnē has told me not to inform you of the plan just yet, as that may put you into more danger.' Queen Kreïgmëne said, laying down a map on the table.

'That is absurd, we mustn't be excluded from this, we're primary targets!'

'I know... Which also means that the spies will also target you now. We cannot risk you becoming an even bigger target.'

She then points at a location on the map.

'We have a few months before the tournament happens. The leaders of the other Cities will no doubt find this suspicious. So I expect at least a lessened amount of assassins being sent. Or in better cases, just stop being sent entirely. As they will investigate the happenings of the tournament instead.'

On the other side of the room, Jærvun was helping Lüxxanå patch up Gärehn.

'So, can I have a piece of your mind for a sec?' he said to Lüxxanå.

'What is it?' she said, tightening the binding around Gärehn.

'Why were you so enraged earlier?'

'It is because-' she then punches Gärehn directly where his wound is, causing him to writhe.
'This fool decided it was a beautiful day for a commotion.'

Gärehn's wound then became bloody again. So they had to restart.

'Could you please refrain from doing that again?' he asked.

'Next time, I will punch you harder.' Lüxxanå replied, unwrapping the binding.

'I will punch you in the face.'

'Then I will punch you even harder. You lose no matter what.'

'No I would not, for you would be knocked out.'

'I would like to see you try, bēēngus.'

Gärehn could only stay silent.

Jærvun was kind of dissapointed that he had to restart, but it had already been done, so it did not matter.

Once the two had patched Gärehn up again, they then walked towards the table, leaving Gärehn to lay down and rest.

'From what I can tell, this part of will become the housing area for the other kings and queens that may come.' Queen Kreïgmëne said.

'But Dear, where will the beasts be held if the open fields are to become the housing area?' Çhirē Kreïmos asked.

'One thing at a time, Dear... And so, my eldest, your role during the festival is to act as one of the representatives for our city, alongside Çhirē Shiyīvnē. Outside the festival, you are to help Shiyīvnē with preparations she may plan. Can you do this?'

'I can, but I don't know if I will be able to handle her... Volatility...'

Jærvun leaned and whispered into Gärehn's ear.

'I expected our training to turn us into hardened fighters. But apparently it's going to turn us into tournament organizers.'

'At least we needn't worry about breaking our bones anytime soon.' Gärehn whispered back.

'True. we'll have that going for us. At least for now.'

A while later...

At the dining table of her house, Shiyīvnē groaned into her hands.

She had read 11 bestiaries and still had 37 left to read.

The head servant and the head maid offered to assist her earlier, but she waved them off and said that they have done more than enough.