Chapter 27: Gather...

'Well... I don't think there's much to tell you... They're here to compete in the competition, and they do so in exchange for not raiding my town...' Rikuoh stated...

His tone didn't help Shiyīvnē's doubts...

'And why would they simply agree to this little contest? These things are not usually enough to sate the bloodlust held by those savages.' she continued to question.

' "Those savages" aren't what you believe them to be. They're not red eyes or some other high blood. The ones I deal with. They like measuring Cçhūgstà more than raiding, seems to boost their egos or some sort. They'd be more than willing to take on my competition.'

'And what is the highest rank you have seen in your competition?'

'Green eye. Calls himself Bârlog. Has a bunch of beasts... Absolutely unbearable to talk to, but I guess that's true for every Dayärmūn to some extent. Even the Níéggúr can be horrible in some extent.'

Shiyīvnē shifted her weight to her other foot.

'Do you have any clue when the next one will appear?' she asked.

'Yeah. We have a sort of promoter for our matches, he's the one we rely on for dealing with the Dayärmūn. He should be at the Dojima inn right now. Look for Rikimaru.'

With that done, Rikuoh finally attended to his wife. Leaving Shiyīvnē to finagle with her ring as she walked back to the Dojima inn.

There were many people to walk past during her walk... Many bystanders...

But she still managed to feel when one of them put their hands in her pocket.

Instantly, she grabbed it and began electrocuting it...

The owner of the hand began to cry out, it wasn't an adult type of voice...

And as the crowd dispersed, it was revealed that the thief was some pre-teen.

She lessened the strength of her magic, just enough for the thief to be able to understand her.

'Do you know what is done to thieves in the place that I live? Nothing... They are let go and put into jail.' she told him, gripping the thief's arm.

The cries of the thief only intensified as his arm was slowly being fried by her lightning.

'That's why I cherish the moments where I get to put you worthless scum in your place.'

Then, with one swift motion, she broke the arm of the thief using her knee.

The thief was unable to do anything other than cry out and call for help as he writhed in all the pain...

Shiyīvnē picked up the head of the thief by his hair, still coursing her magic through her hand.

'Allow this to be a permanent lesson, scum. You will not be allowed to continue this thievery. If your arm ever recovers, I will break it again. And by then, you will not survive like I have allowed you to... You will experience this pain tenfold. Do you understand?'

The thief cried and nodded.

'Good.' she said before roughly throwing the thief's head back, making it impact the ground...

Gently dusting herself off, she walked past the crowd...

She did her best to act pristinely among the terrified people, disregarding their fear...

There was one more area that she wanted to go to before returning to the inn... Even if she may miss the 'Rikimaru' that she was told about...

She thought about that orange haired woman... About how she proudly boasted about her husband...