Chapter 1

Irene

I am Irene Marcos-Araneta, up until now I still believe with full of hope and faith that one day, my daughter and I will cross our paths.

It's been a decade since we lost our precious angel. When she lost, I felt like I was an unlucky woman. I'd stayed in my room for months crying and hoping that one day my daughter would comeback. I've been traumatized, I never talked to people even to my husband, my mom and my siblings.

She was 6 years old when we lost her.

Flashback (March 2005)

"Hi sweetie, good morning. Wake up na, we're going to attend the mass. Rise and Shine my little one" I said as I caressed my daughter's face while waking her up.

We just came back from California and it's Celestine's second time here in Ilocos, residents in Ilocos still doesn't know her since they're staying pretty down low, as much as possible away from media and politics, they chose to stay private as they currently are.

"Goodmorning mama!" She said in return with her sleepy voice.

"Get up, little princess. Mama Meldy will get mad if we're late" I said smiling sweetly.

"Okay mama." She smiled sweetly at me, I can't help but to hug her tightly, this is one of my favorite things to do, waking her up.

My Celestine is the only princess in the family, the heiress of mama Meldy's ton of shoes.

I helped her to take a bath and I made her wear a white elegant dress and a pair of black doll shoes, I also put a cute head band on her.

"Wow you look so gorgeous, anak!" I complimented her sweetly.

"Thank you mama, you look good too." She said in returned, I smiled after I heard that.

We are already in the car and Greggy started driving on our way to the church, Manang and Bonget said that they are already there with mama.

The mass will start at 9:00 o'clock in the morning and we arrive at the church exactly 8:30 am.

Greggy carried Celestine while I was behind them, Greggy pulled my waist so I could walk with them. Manang noticed our arrival so she immediately walked towards us and greeted us. We beso each other the same as Greggy, she also took Celestine from Greggy and she carried her.

I greeted my mom and kissed her cheeks, Greggy also did the same, Celestine was taken by mom and made her sit on her lap, she hug and kissed Celestine's forehead.

Afterwards, the mass has started. A lot of people have attended the mass and with a beautiful and priceless reaction, Celestine was mesmerized, she's always in awe whenever she can see a lot of people.

And not long after, it was time for the religious greeting for camaraderie.

"Peace be with you all.." Manang said, making a sign of peace in her hand, she kissed Celestine's cheeks.

"Peace be with you, hun!" Greggy conveyed and kissed my cheeks.

"Peace be with you too, honey!" I said and smiled at him wholeheartedly, my heart is full.

"Peace be with you my angel.." Greggy said to Celestine and carried her.

"Peace be with you, my love!" I said as I kissed Celestine on her temple and on her cheeks, she giggled.

Bonget, Liza & the boys also exchanged the sign of peace, they all kissed my daughter's cheeks.

After the mass, we were surrounded by so many people. Greggy and I held Celestine while escaping the crowd and as we escaped the crowd I thought I was still holding Celestine.