Chapter 75

Celestine woke up in the middle of her sleep, her anxiety attacked her, she's now crying and sobbing, she began overthinking with the presence of her anxiety and moderate depression. Yes, she's experiencing this mental health issues for two weeks now.

Irene on the other hand woke up because she felt thirsty, while heading to the stairs, she heard someone crying and sobbing and the voice was coming from her daughter's room, she immediately entered Celestine's room and then she saw her daughter on her bed crying helplessly. Irene went to her daughter right away as she hugged her so tight, Celestine was surprised when someone hug her, she didn't noticed that the door opened. When she look up, she saw the person she really needs the most at this very moment.

"M-mommy?" Celestine uttered while she was sobbing.

"Ssh, mommy's here love, mommy's here." Irene whispered as she kissed her daughter's forehead a couple of times, Celestine hugged her mom because in her mom's arms she feels safe and comfort, Celestine also felt sorry about how she acted for the past days.

When she heard her mom's words last night, she feel really bad for making her feel that way. She told herself that she will make it up to her parents tomorrow. Irene is still hugging Celestine while rubbing her back, when Celestine calmed, Irene looked at her as she hold her hand.

"What happened?" Irene asked as she squeeze her daughter's hand gently.

"M-mommy I'm sorry.." Celestine sincerely apologized.

"I shouldn't have acted that way, I'm sorry if I was selfish, I'm sorry if I made you feel bad and hurt. I'm so sorry, I was really just tired that night mom, and my mind has been occupied with so many things. I'm so sorry.." Celestine explained, as she bowed her head, she can't understand herself, the goal was to make her mom happy all the time. She suffered a lot and it's time to give back.

"Alam mo naman na kahit anong gawin mo, hindi magbabago yung pagmamahal ko sayo. I love you so much and I'm so sorry too anak." she said, as she kissed her daughter's cheeks, Celestine smiled genuinely as she hug her mom.

"What did I do good to deserve you?" Celestine whispered in between of their hug.

Irene giggles, "I'm so lucky to have you anak." She uttered.

"Shouldn't it I, saying that to you? Shouldn't it the other way around?" Celestine said, playfully.

Irene pinched her nose, "Sus naman, I missed you so much." she murmured.

"I missed you too mama, I'm sorry again and I love you, so much!" Celestine said as she kissed her mom's cheeks.

𝗜𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗼𝘀-𝗔𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗮

I was surprised when Celestine hugged me back because it's been awhile since she hugged me so tightly. I don't why is she crying but all I want is to be with her side, she apologized for being cold lately, she told me that her mind has been so occupied with so many school activities plus as a student leader. I feel bad for my daughter because I know she's pressured.

I decided to just sleep with her in her room, because she was still hugging me while we are laying down.

A very special feeling I don't want to end, her head is resting on my chest while I'm rubbing her arms gently and humming a song.

"Sleep tight, sweet innocent. Mommy loves you so much!" I whispered as I planted a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you mommy.." She murmured which made me smile, I hug her again until we both drowned ourselves to sleep.