Chapter 64

When the week started, Celestine have been so busy and her schedule has been gem-packed for SSG Council President campaigning. She would always go home late but never forgets to update her parents.

Wednesday morning, Celestine needs to be at school early, because today they'll have an early meeting that will last for an hour and she also needs to attend her first class this morning. So she really went to school at 5:30 am, she didn't bother to bid goodbye to her parents because she knows that they were still sleeping. When she arrived she was shocked because her team and other candidates were also there already.

They went to the SSG Office and minutes of waiting Ms. Castro has arrived.

𝗖𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗔𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗮

"Good morning everyone, I hope you're all doing well. I'm glad you make it here this morning, so I assumed that all of you know that our debate will happen on Friday also the counting, but the announcing of winners and proclamation will happen on Monday. I know all of you have been really busy, hectic schedules because this event isn't just your things to do, y'll still needs to be present and attend your classes everyday. I salute y'll for managing your time very well." Ms. Castro stated, she discussed some important matters to us that really took an hour. After our meeting we head to our classroom's but Ms. Castro told us that after school we'll be having a meeting again.

Since our other teachers didn't attend the other subjects, I manage to finish my school activities that have been left out because of my campaign period. I still needed to finish my thesis, research and I also need to finish proof-reading this week.

I need to be hands-on on my studies because I don't want to disappoint my family especially my parents, eventhough if they're aren't pressure me.

As of now, I'm doing all of my left activities because I can't do this anymore if the election comes.

After school, as said we need to go back to the SSG Office to attend our second meeting and orientation today.

Ms. Castro suggest to do the meeting in a coffee shop so we won't be bored and so we could have a coffee while listening. My phone is already dead so I didn't able to update mom and dad.

Meanwhile....

Irene and Greggy is waiting for their daughter to come home, they noticed that Celestine has been really busy this past few days so they decided to surprise their daughter a dinner since its been 3 days since their last family dinner.

𝗜𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗼𝘀-𝗔𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗮

Daisy told me that Celestine left the house so early because she needs to attend an early meeting, I don't know what meeting it is, since Celestine didn't inform me about events that's happening in their school that she's part of.

We prepared a dinner for her since she was busy this past few days. I assumed that she'll be coming home early today since she didn't send me any message to tell me that she'll be late.

Greggy and I waited for her an hour now, its been an hour since her class dismissed. I'm starting to get nervous but Greggy told me that maybe she was just stuck on a heavy traffic.

Its been 5 hours and Celestine isn't home yet, we tried on calling her but she's not responding, I flood her wit messages because I'm starting to get panic attacks.

"Hun, calm down.." Greggy told me rubbing my back for comfort.

"Calm down? How can I calm down?" I asked him loudly.

"Walang magagawa yung pagpapanic mo, Celestina!" Greggy told me.

"This is our daughter we are talking to, she isn't home yet Gregorio! She didn't even send me message, she isn't responding to our calls, anong gusto mong gawin ko!?" I shouted as my tears started to form in my eyes.

"Can't we just call a police to help us on finding her? I already called Ateneo at sabi wala ng studyante doon. Greggy, I can't take it kung may mangyaring masama sa anak ko, we lost her once at hindi pwedeng mangyari yun ulit, so we need to do something!" I added, tears streaming down in my face.

"Hon, I already called and asked some assistance from the police and they say, it should be 24 hours before they declare missing but they'll come here and the other police will be roaming around near the campus, we won't lose her again, I promise you that." Greggy uttered as he hug me.

"So hihintayin pa nilang mawala yung anak ko bago nila hanapin? What kind of people are they?" I asked, madly. Greggy didn't answer back, he just hug me while kissing my forehead several times.

𝗖𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗔𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗮

Damn, I didn't know that this meeting will last for 5 hours. I'm sure my parents are worried now, I didn't able to text mom because my phone died.

When the meeting finished, we bid goodbye's, one of my member offered me a ride so I didn't refuse since it will be dangerous if I commute alone.

When we entered forbes and when our house was few blocks already I get out of the car after saying thank you to them. I walk towards our house and I was shocked to see a police mobile outside.

"What happened?" I asked myself as I hurriedly entered our house.

There I saw my mom crying while my dad was comforting her.

"Mom, Dad?" I said in my low voice but loud enough for them to hear, Mommy just stared at me blankly as dad stood up.

"Samantha Celestine, where have you been!?" He shouted that made me nervous.

"Hindi mo ba naisip na nag-aalala kami? You're not even responding to our calls! Your mom and I even called a police because we thought something happened to you already!"

I don't have the courage to fight back because I know its my fault, I just bowed my head as my tears starting to fall down.

"S-sorry d-dad." I said while sobbing, Greggy calmed himself down and hug her daughter. He can't stay mad at her although he's not really mad, he's just disappointed.

Celestine hugged her dad back, "I'm sorry." She uttered.

"Don't say sorry to me, apologize to your mom.." Greggy said as he planted a soft kiss on her daughter's forehead.

Celestine gaze to the couch but her mom isn't there anymore, so she frowned.

"We were so worried about you, lalong lalo na ang mommy mo, you didn't respond on any of our calls and texts.." Greggy said calmly.

"I'm sorry, my phone died." Celestine explained.

Greggy nodded, "J-just apologize and talk to your mom tomorrow, we all need to calm down.." Greggy told her daughter.

"Go, rest." He added and Celestine nodded, when Celestine left, Greggy talked to the police and thank them for being cooperative.

𝗜𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗼𝘀-𝗔𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗮

Thank God she arrived safe and nothing bad happened to her. Greggy was talking to her, I know I can't stand to tall to her right now because I'm upset so I just went to our room.

I sighed a sign of relief but tears are still streaming down to my cheeks. I lay down on our bed as I wait for Greggy.

"Hon, bakit ka umalis?" Greggy asked as soon as he entered our room.

"I can't stand to talk to her now, I'm just glad that she's safe.." I said plainly.

"Where is she?" I asked as I looked at him.

"Pinagpahinga ko muna, I told her to just explain everything tomorrow. You should rest too." He told me, I nodded as I closed my eyes because I also felt tiredness and I was able to sleep quickly.

To be continue...
Sorry for the wrong grammars and misspelled words.