Chapter 8

Sister Theressa

I saw Isabelle, Hannah, Josh & Alliah talking about something, I wasn't far from them so I heard what they were talking about and it's about Isabelle asking her friends to help her on asking permission to me and Sister Anabelle so when I saw Isabelle heading her way to her room already, I decided to find Sister Anabelle.

When I already found her, I told her that Isabelle wants to ask permission to us about something but she's shy so I told her that we should go to her room and ask her what she wants to tell us, Isabelle has been with us since she was still six  years old, we found her in the market while we were buying foods for the kids' supplies, she's crying so hard so Sister Anabelle and I can't help but to go to check on her and asked her what happened.

Flashback

"What happened, sweetheart?" I asked as I kneeled down and held her little hands, she was wearing a white dress and a pair of sandals with a headband.

"Where's my mommy?" She asked us, still crying. Sister Anabelle kneeled down too and caress her cheeks.

"Hi, I'm Sister Anabelle. Don't cry, we'll find your mommy. What's your name?" Sister Anabelle asked her softly.

"Celestine." She told us.

"Oh what a beautiful name you have, come here, let me hug you, sweetheart." Sister Anabelle told her and smiled, Sister Anabelle hugged her and Celestine also did the same, we can sense already that she's lost. It was already 5:00 o'clock in the afternokn, we can't just eave her here, it's quite dangerous.

"You'll come with us for the meantime okay? It's almost evening na kasi and you might be in danger here." Sister Anabelle convinced her, hindi kaya ng konsenya namin na iwan lang batang ito dito.

"There are a lot of kids you can play with, there." I told her, she looked up at me.

"What is your name po? You guys are nuns right?" She asked, innocently, I can tell that this six years old girl is very intelligent.

"My name is Theressa De Guzman but you can call me Sister Theressa and yes we are, we are serving the Lord and we are taking good care of those kids who were left by their loved ones." I explained.

"Oh, but I was not left behind by my mommy and daddy, they love me." She said, adorably.

"I know that they love you so much, for sure, your parents are finding you now." I contend, I caressed her hands giving the comfort I have.

"Do you have toys in your house?" She asked, innocently.

"We do, do you want to play tomorrow?" Sister Anabelle asked, the little girl smiled like she's excited to play tomorrow.

"You'll play with me?" She asked, politely.

"Yes we will play with you tomorrow." I replied, excitement and happiness was evident in her eyes and voice.

"My mommy used to play with me." she shared with us, siguro nga mahal na mahal ito ng mga magulang niya at nag-aalala siguro ang mga ito.

"Really? That's nice." I said in reply.

"I missed my mommy and daddy." She said in her sad voice, I know she'll cry again so before she could even do that, sister Theressa cheered her up.

"Hey, don't be sad beautiful little girl. Come on, I know your hungry and tired na." Sister Anabelle said, we brought her with us, I asked her if she's hungry and she said she is, so we made her eat and after that, I told her that I'll sleep beside her so she can take a rest already.