Chapter 9

Irene

I'm scrolling through my emails in my Macbook when my phone suddenly rang.

Incoming Call: Isabelle Dy...

I answered it right away. I really feel excitement whenever we see each other and do chitchats or when she calls me, it really makes my heart pound in so much joy.

"Hello, Isabelle? Is this you, sweetie? I asked as soon as I answered her call.

"T-tita?" She replied.

She's nervous? I think? Why?

"Hi, what's up?" I answered softly.

"Is there a problem?" I added.

"Actually tita, yes. I need your help po."

What's the problem? My heart is beating so fast out of nervousness, but I kept myself calm.

"Okay sure, what's that?" I asked calmly.

"Tita, I already told Sister Anabelle and Sister Theressa about your offer and—" She uttered, I didn't let her finish, I get myself ready for the answer.

"Really? What did they say?" I asked, I'm excited yet nervous as well.

"Tita, they want you to be here daw po, so they can talk to you daw po, If you don't mind coming over?" She asked, politely

Of course, I'll go if it's the only way for you to come with me.

"I don't mind, sweetie. Okay, expect me to be there tomorrow. I'll see you and I'll bring you with me na, okay?" I said in my monotone voice.

"Really tita? You'll be here?" She said with full of joy in her voice, I can tell that this lady really wants to study Music at its finest.

"Yes! So better pack your needed things now." I replied, excitement and happiness were evident on her voice.

"Omg, thank you tita!" She said, It made me smile.

"All for you, belle!" I replied softly, we talked more about some random things and ended the call after, so she can pack her things and get ready because I'll be bringing her to Manila with me!

We already ate our dinner, actually they ate first and then I followed, after that I went to my room and I took a rest because it was a long day for me. I attended so many meetings via zoom call.

Morning approached and I made my way downstairs, I saw them in the dining table, all of them. Greggy needed to go back to Manila because his secretary called him and she said that he needs to be there for an urgent meeting, manang noticed my presence and invited me to sit.

"What's going on?" I asked them, seemed like may pinag-uusapan silang importante.

"A-h we were just talking about something, Ading." Bonget replied, parang may tinatago ang mga ito pero hindi ko na pinansin.

...

Imee

I saw the family sitting in the dining table so I went towards them, they're talking about random things and all of a sudden I remembered the scenario happened in Paoay Church the girl Irene talked with, she kinda looks Irene, when I saw her entire face, she has  resemblances with Irene, I was just taken aback when Borgy tapped my shoulders.

"Are you okay, mom?" He asked, kanina pa ata ako tinatawag kaya ako tinapik.

"Yes, why?" I asked trying to make my voice jolly para hindi na magtanong ang mga ito.