Chapter 3

Isabelle

I saw Hannah and Josh assisting the guests, it's the Marcoses. I know them because of course they are Marcos', the family of politicians. Ex-First Lady, Madam Imelda Marcos, President Bongbong, the first lady with their three sons, Senator Imee Marcos with her three sons, then there was a woman and a man behind I assumed that they are couples. I don't know who they were, It was my first time to see them.

"Omg, ang mga Marcos! Simon my bebelabs oh ang gwapo!" I heard Alliah exclaimdd with a kilig on her voice, I looked at her as I raised my brows.

"Huy hinaan mo boses mo, nasa simbahan ka uy!" I scold her, softly. We're inside the church so we should minimize our voice, duh!

''Ito naman, ang kj mo ha!" She said in reply and looked at them again.

"Alliah?" I called her, not looking at her.

"Oh bakit?" She turned her gaze to me.

"Sino yung babaeng yun? Ngayon ko lang nakita yan dito." I asked her, she followed my eyes and glanced back at me unbelievably.

"Omg kanaman, Si Ms. Irene Marcos-Araneta yan, bunsong kapatid ni President Bongbong at Senator Imee at yung lalaki naman si Sir Greggy Araneta asawa ni Ms. Irene." She explained.

"Ah, ngayon lang siya pumunta dito?" I nodded as I looked at Mrs. Araneta again, parang wala itong inerhiya at parang nanghihina ito.

"No, sa California kasi sila nakatira ng asawa niya kasi may kompanya sila dun." She answered, oh siya pala yung the quiet one.

"Ah okay, may anak sila?" I asked again, I don't know but I suddenly became so curious about her.

"Meron, the only princess ng mga Marcos pero nawala eh.." She replied that it made me look at her.

"Huh? Anong nawala? Namatay ba?" I asked her, I was shocked, okay that's why Ms. Irene's eyes kinda look sad.

"Gaga, Hindi. Nawala as in Missing!" Alliah said, that made me shock. I nodded at her because the mass is going to start already. When we began to sing, I felt someone was watching me, I was bothered but I didn't make it obvious, I'm not comfortable when someone is focused on me.

When I looked at the Marcos's, Ms. Irene Marcos-Araneta was the one who was watching me and suddenly our eyes met, she smiled at me and I smiled back at her, I know she was looking at me the whole mass.

"Why is she looking at me? May dumi ba ako sa mukha?" I thought.

When the mass was about to end, Our Parish Priest acknowledge their presence and all of us clapped when he finished acknowledging them.

After the mass, I saw Hannah and Josh talking to the Marcoses, I was about to get out of the church when Hannah suddenly called my attention.

"Isabelle!" She called me, I looked back at her with a questionable look.

"Oh, bakit?" I asked her calmly.

"Pinapatawag ka ni Ms. Irene.." She said and my eyes widened because of what I heard.

What why? Bakit niya naman ako ipapatawag? May kasalanan ba ako?

"Huh? Bakit daw?" I asked her nervously and with full of curiosity showed on my face.

"Hindi ko din alam, halika na.." She pulled my hand and we are now heading to Ms. Irene.

I am now overthinking, I'm nervous while we are walking towards her. I already saw her, she's smiling at us waiting for us to reach her spot.