Chapter 66

Today is the day..

"Wake up, my love.." Irene softly said, caressing her daughter's cheeks, Celestine slowly opened her eyes and smiled to see who's in her room.

"Good morning mommy!" She actively said.

"Good morning my sweet innocent, get up and get ready for school. It'll be your debate today right?" Irene asked, Celestine nodded as she carefully gets up. Irene get out of her daughter's room so she could get ready.

When Celestine changed and ready for school already, she went downstairs to eat her breakfast.

"Goodluck in your debate anak.." Greggy said and kissed her daughter's forehead.

"Expect me and tita manang to be there, love.." Irene told her daughter while putting food on her plate.

Celestine nodded as she continued to eat, after she ate, she bid goodbye's to her parents as she left the house.

When Celestine entered the car, the driver started the engine and drove away, they were able to reach Ateneo quickly.

"Good morning kuya!" Celestine said as soon as she went near to the guard.

"Good morning, tine. Goodluck pala, alam kong mananalo ka!" The guard said he scanned Celestine's id.

"Salamat po." Celestine replied and smiled at the guard genuinely before entering the campus.

As soon as she entered, she have been receiving goodluckers from her schoolmates.

"Goodluck, future Pres!"

"Goodluck, you can do it!"

"Goodluck, Ms. Celestine!"

"Best of luck, Isabelle!"

Those were the words Celestine has been encountered inside the campus. She went directly to her classroom, Bethany and Clea dashed to Celestine and hug her as a goodluck.

The candidates and students have been mandate to be in the school gymnasium already so they all gladly obliged.

The candidates seats were located behind the teachers, while the Presidential Candidates seats are located in the stage. Before the debate started Irene, Imee, Borgy, Michael, Cara, Mia and Liza arrived and was acknowledge by the students, teachers and principal.

"Good morning, Ateneans!" The emcee exclaimed as the students cheered.

"The debate we have all been waiting for is really going to happen today at this very moment, and to start we may call on our principal, Ms. Clarita Javier to gave her opening remarks, ma'am.." The emcee said as the principal walk towards the stage and give her opening remarks.

"Good morning, students, candidates, parents, guests, teachers, faculty and staffs. Today we will be witnessing this two beautiful ladies debating for the position of Council President, I don't have a side but I encourage you to vote for the student who's more willing to serve her co-students, who's responsible for the position and the one who deserves the position. To these two young ladies up here, I want you two to know that win or lose, you two did a great job so I wish you goodluck. I also want to acknowledge the presence of our dear Senator Imee Marcos, Mrs. Irene Marcos-Araneta, the first lady Madam Liza Marcos and the other Marcos's who are present in today's event!" The principal remarked, All students clapped when the principal was done giving her opening remarks.

"Thank you ma'am, and of course without further adieu. Let me introduce to you, the presidential candidates, Miss Ashley Dela Cruz and Miss Samantha Celestine Araneta!" The emcee exclaimed as the audience clapped their hands, Ashley and Celestine went to their designated position.