4

+++

Mira's POV

"Stop acting like we're friends!"

I tilted my head to the side at her outburst after I greeted her.

"She's saying that but she's the one who sought me first,"

I don't even know how and why she looked for me. We only know each other because we're in the same class, and maybe talked with each other two or three times. We're totally not that close to seeing each other during weekdays.

I was just enjoying my weekend in this small cafe I found near my house, and suddenly, Subin appeared out of nowhere.

Ignoring her reaction, I quietly asked her. "How can I help you?"

Suddenly, a blush crept to her cheeks as she turned her head to the side, avoiding my expecting gaze on her. Subin mumbled something, but I was unable to hear it clearly while her blush just kept getting redder.

"Huh?"

Remaining silent for a few seconds while inhaling deeply, as if preparing for something big to say. Well, with how she's blushing madly, it must be big. "I was wondering if you want to watch a movie with me,"

She said this quite fast but, thankfully, I finally heard it louder. And her words only confused me, "You want to watch a movie with me?" I asked for confirmation, maybe hearing her words earlier was wrong.

This only made the blush on her cheeks worse as she huffed, "I was supposed to go with someone else but they won't be able to make it," She stammered a little, still avoiding my gaze as I stared at her in surprise; not really expecting to be invited to spend time with her.

"If you don't want to, then don't!" She said with a scowl. She probably thought that I would refuse because of how quiet I'd become after she offered me the invite.

As she made a move to stand up, I spoke up before she can leave, "I never said that. I would gladly watch a movie with you,"

+++

+++

"You're purposely avoiding me,"

Upon hearing her words, I nervously laughed as I continue preparing a snack for us both in the kitchen, knowing well that I am avoiding her.

After classes, I hurriedly made my way to my house that's just a little near to my campus. And before I can relax after a tiring day, Subin appeared.

I know what will happen if I were to hang out with Subin after school, and I don't particularly like it.

"The teacher gave us an assignment, let's do it now," She appeared behind me, dragging me towards the living room, and made me sit on one of the sofas before sitting across from me.

Looking at the table between us, I groaned upon seeing the homework already ready with all the pencils, papers, and pens.

I sometimes don't understand Subin. One look at her and the first thought that comes into mind is that she's one of the people who won't mind how low or high her grades are. But in truth, Subin is one of the top students in our school.

And I know the perfect time to do all my schoolwork, and it's not now.

"Nope," I stood up, but before I can leave the area, Subin was fast enough to reach me and made me sit back.

I stared at the texts written on the paper, cringing at the sight while already feeling my brain hurting. "You're sure you want to do it now?"

"Yeah,"