31

---

Author's POV

Mira panted, feeling out of breath as she landed on another wrong building.

As soon as she left her house in haste, her mind was a mess which in turn, left her unable to fully control her Awakened Powers as she used her electricity to reach her destination much faster. But because of her nerves, she's been accidentally disconnecting with the electricity and dropping herself at a different location.

Mira looked around at her surroundings, trying to figure out where she was. She felt her mood get better once she realizes how close she is to her destination. And instead of using her electricity to get there, she ran to avoid getting lost.

Once Mira started getting near the abandoned building. She can feel a fight ongoing in the area. Fearing for the worse, Mira rushed to a safe place where she won't be spotted and analyze the situation.

Then, she spotted the familiar figure of Amyeong—someone who had somehow become a part of her life despite not seeing each other often.

Kayden first knew Amyeong, and accidentally, Mira and Amyeong were introduced to each other. The white-haired Awakeners have kept their secret in the time that they interacted with respect to Kayden. It also turns out that Amyeong cares about Mira and that he wouldn't dare reveal her relationship with Kayden.

And Kayden is aware of this, and he trusts him wholeheartedly with the information, especially after seeing how happy his little sister is with Amyeong. Kayden couldn't blame her, there are only a handful of people who she spends her time with, people who they can trust to keep their secret.

So Mira couldn't fathom how Amyeong took an innocent teenager.

Before her gaze could stay any longer on the black clothing adorning his lean body, she moved her eyes to spot a floating man holding someone. With more concentration, she realized that it was Kang Suman with an unconscious Jiwoo in his arms.

Suddenly, another Awakener appeared behind Suman, in hopes of catching him off guard to land a hit on him.

Mira's body acted first, rushing towards the fighting Awakeners—leaving her hiding spot as she sent a big wave of fire to the teal-haired male. Although it was not strong, the confusion of the new presence turned out to be a distraction that Suman utilized.

Suman used his gravity to crush the unknown Awakener to the ground, and caught a glimpse of his savior. As soon as she caught sight of the blue eyes in front of him, he couldn't hide the surprise appearing on his face. "Mira?!"

Mira used her powers to levitate herself to the same height as Suman. But she wasn't able to acknowledge Suman's words, her attention fixated on Amyeong, who was quite shocked upon seeing her.

Amyeong shook out of his daze and ignored the burning gaze of Mira, and focused all his attention on Kang Suman, he lunged in his direction and sent out an attack. Although Mira was unable to prepare herself, Suman's reaction was impeccable and was able to put up a barrier around the trio, protecting them from the attack.

Mira watched the adults helplessly.

She knows the risk of going against her brother's words and going to probably the last place she should be right now. But she didn't expect a fight to happen right now, all she expected from this night was to have a civil talk with Amyeong.

But she should've noted the state Jiwoo was in before rushing outside of the safety of her house. Now, she's locked in a fight that she knows full well that she's useless, especially with two of them being older than she is.