47

---

Author's POV

"I'm nervous,"

Mira exclaimed as she played with her fingers—trying to calm her nerves. She looked up from her hands to glance at Jiwoo, "Are you nervous? Why are you not nervous?" She questioned the Awakener who is about to have a sparring match with a World Awakener.

"Be quiet," Mira got a glare from her brother, noticing the annoyance on his face. "Why are none of you nervous?" She let out a huff once she realized that her companions are too calm.

"Do you not have trust in Jiwoo?"

Mira rolled her eyes at her brother's words, "Of course I do, but he's a World Awakener. He defeated the 95th Awakener,"

Jurion Patrick displayed his strength and prowess to the whole Awakened World by defeating the 95th Awakener in the World ranks, and this same person is fighting Jiwoo, a teenager who has been training his abilities for barely a year.

Then, Mira heard a chuckle beside her, immediately detecting the anxiety in his voice. "Now look what you did, don't scare Jiwoo,"

"I'm not scaring him, I'm informing him," Mira smiled widely at Jiwoo, "You'll be fine, I hope," As soon as she said those, she felt a harsh tug on her hair, causing her to turn around and hit her brother.

Kayden was able to avoid the slap by gripping her forearm, restricting her movements. "We should go," Mira tugged her hand from his grip, glaring at her brother before heading out of the room.

The trio made their way down to the basement of Shinhwa where the Patrick Family was waiting for them. And as the elevator keep going down, Mira became more nervous, not just because of Jiwoo's match, but also being in the same room as the Patrick Family in a close proximity.

A day before the match, Mira received a call from Goo Inhyuk, informing her that Veramonte Patrick requested her presence in the match. Once she informed her brother of this, he was unbothered and allowed her to come with them, justifying that the head of the Patrick Family will do nothing to harm her or her identity.

Now, she's here—walking straight into danger.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get right to it," Kayden didn't bother greeting as he stood beside Veramonte, while Mira hesitantly remained by her brother's side. Then, the Top Awakener glanced at her and greeted her with a nod, Mira nodded back.

"That's fine by us,"

Seo Jiwoo and Jurion Patrick walked ahead, a few feet away from their spectators. Once they are settled, "Jurion, right?" Kayden spoke up beside Mira.

"Yes, sir," Jurion replied politely seeing as Kayden outranked him.

Kayden remained silent for a bit, keeping his gaze on Jurion before speaking up, his words causing every eye to stare at him. "Shame on you,"

"A world's ranker picking fights with a little boy,"

Patrick blushed at his words, and not being able to respond back. Though, his grandfather made sure to speak his mind, "Kayden! We already went over that?"

"And? It's not like I'm making this up, am I? You wanna tell me what he did was just? Come on, I'm right all the way, and you know it. You got work to do on putting your grandson straight."

Veramonte was unable to say something, only clearing his throat.

"I admit that my desire to fight with your apprentice has gotten me talking on the spur of the moment. And I'm sincerely grateful to your apprentice for accepting what I put on the table."