13

---

Author's POV

"Next up is Ki Woonyoung of Halla and Wooin of the Unaffiliated!"

The said students approached the ring, "Both of you, keep your heads up and watch. This one's going to be worth watching," Wooin said before leaving the rest of his peers.

Woonyoung yawned at the beginning of the beep, not bothering to keep his guard up. Due to this, he wasn't able to prepare himself when a blast occurred beside his head at the final beep.

"You bastard," The Affiliated glared at Wooin, a big red gash on his face due to the blast.

Before Woonyoung can attack, Wooin was already readying his Awakened Power. The red wisps surrounding Wooin while a much bigger and stronger blast hit Woonyoung.

The instructors and Affiliated kids were surprised by the display of power, not expecting this kind of skill from an Unaffiliated. But to those who expected this from him was smirking, a proud look on their face.

Woonyoung, who could barely stand straight, was covered with gashes, and some parts of his uniform were torn with blood painted on his body. "You fucker, I'm gonna kill you,"

Three spheres appeared above him and threw them in Wooin's direction. The Unaffiliated easily dodge the two, while the last sphere which was close to hitting him, changed its direction.

Woonyoung grew angry at the action, and Wooin didn't give him a chance to react anymore as he summoned another blast on Woonyoung's knee. This caused him to focus on his right leg while Wooin did another blast, much stronger which resulted in Woonyoung losing his consciousness.

"The winner is Wooin!"

After four losses, one of the Unaffiliated students won against the Affiliated, which caused shocks and disbelief among the other groups.

"No way, Woonyoung of Halla lost to an Unaffiliated kid?"

"He went down before he could even make a move,"

Mira smirked at the victory, settling her eyes on the approaching figure of Wooin. "It was worth watching, right?"

Jihye teared up while Jiwoo gave him a thumbs up, his head lowered. "Yeah,"

Meanwhile, the instructors were staring at Wooin in surprise. "I can't believe what I just saw,"

"How did an Awakened One as strong as him stay under that radar for so long?"

"From what he showed us, it's clear he's one of the top students in the Academy."

"Come to think of it, didn't the Union bring him to the Academy?" This caused the other instructors to move their gaze to Seongha.

"It seems like there was a good reason for that,"

Seongha kept his face straight, a proud look on his face while Inhyuk eyed him weirdly.

"Next up is Chung Kyungmi of Halla and Mira of the Unaffiliated!"

The instructors eyed the Unaffiliated who entered the ring, "Isn't she also brought by the Union?"

No one answered Miyoung's question while Seongha kept his eyes on Mira. The said female sensing his gaze turned her head to nod at him in acknowledgment.

Everyone is wary of the upcoming match, the audience not knowing what to expect anymore. Due to Wooin's victory, the instructors and students have noted the possibility of the Unaffiliated students winning a match against them.

At the corner of the facility sat a cat, Kayden was focusing on Mira's figure, also curious about how the match will go. Kayden may know of his sister's abilities, but it has been a long time since they've seen each other and who knows how much stronger Mira has gotten since he last saw her fight.