35

–--

Author's POV

Jisuk and Subin came running and immediately went to Wooin who was sitting with his head lowered. When they heard the news, they didn't hesitate to go to the hospital.

"Wooin, your professor is treating Jiwoo?"

"Yeah, he went in a little earlier,"

Hope spread to the newly arrived Awakeners, hoping that Jiwoo will finally have a break from pain, and most particularly, regain back what he has lost. "Then, does that mean he can heal Jiwoo?"

"I don't know. He's not a healer. Still, I asked him to have a look,"

The aura between the trio went grim again.

"Any luck with Mira?" Jisuk changed the subject as she turned to Subin. Upon hearing his question, she brought a hand to her head as she ran her fingers through her hair. "No, she won't talk to me,"

Then, as if she remembered something, she went and took her phone from her pocket. Opening it, she quickly messaged someone.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the city.

A ping resounded around the house as neither of the teenagers was bothered by the sudden noise. It was when the ping became constant that the owner of the phone became annoyed.

Kang Sucheon reached over the couch and took his phone—his interest increasing once he saw the name of the messenger.

Cheap version of Elsa

"Wooin's professor is in the hospital to heal Jiwoo."

The male raised a brow at the mention of Wooin's professor, not having heard of this information. Though, it made sense to him that Wooin's 'professor' would be one of the reasons why he's skilled for someone being Unaffiliated.

Sucheon turned his head to face the woman beside him, too busy staring at the television screen—trying to beat her high score in the shown game.

Discarding his phone, Sucheon went back to playing with Mira as they spent their time locked in her house, refusing to leave the safety of her home.

Ever since yesterday, none of them have walked past the doorway, and the duo would like for it to remain that way.

They would keep on watching different movies or play various games to spend their time—to forget their problems outside of their little space.

Though, Sucheon has remained in contact with Subin. A way for both of them to exchange information.

Sucheon acquires news about Jiwoo's well-being, despite his lack of care for the boy—the only reason why he does this was to let Mira aware of the boy's healing progress. While Subin would receive assurances from Sucheon regarding Mira's mental status.

It was rather odd for the both of them to be civility conversing, but in the end, they're doing it for their friend; who seems to be their priority.

"Ah!"

Mira's sudden shriek caused Sucheon to look her way in concern.

She was panting, her hand forgetting the console controller and instead settling on her chest—calming her rapid-beating heart. "Are you okay?"

Mira suppressed a groan of pain, not wanting to worry the Sucheon more. "I'm fine," She assured, and she reached out to get her controller as she willed her hand not to shake.

It was very sudden, it shocked Mira and she does not know what to think of it. She felt several jolts within her body, a humming of power present.

There is only one plausible reason as to why she's experiencing this, but what she felt was different from what she normally experiences. Her brother was using his powers and she could sense. She have always sensed it, but it wasn't painful.