52

---

Author's POV

Eyes were all on them, never leaving them. Their gazes followed them everywhere they went. Their eyes showed no warmth or kindness but hatred and judgment.

Understandable considering that the majority of the representatives of the World Awakened Academy lost to them, a nobody from the small country—South Korea.

Their victory against the World Awakened Academy put its students in a difficult position.

How can a nobody from a small country have the power to beat the best, the elite, and the powerful?

Mira tried to ignore their glares, putting all her focus on her friends while they explored the academy. But no matter how hard she ignored their snarky remarks and nasty glare, she couldn't help but get irritated at their treatment. This made her wish that she should've stayed at their accommodation with Sucheon.

"They seem nice," Mira commented when one of the students 'accidentally' bumped into them.

Then, a cheery Arthur Bryan appeared with a few of his peers behind him. "Finally! I'm glad to see you guys here!"

"I honestly didn't expect you to come, Seo Jiwoo," He made his way to approach Jiwoo but was easily blocked by Jisuk. "What's up with you pretending to be buddy-buddy, huh?"

The height difference was apparent as Jisuk towered over Arthur—intimidating him to back off, but Arthur was unfazed by Jisuk's effort to scare him. "I wasn't talking to you so stay out of it,"

No one in each group was trying to stop the two, deciding to stay out of it and observe in silence. "I'll bust your ass black and blue,"

"You beat me to it! Don't get beat up elsewhere 'cause you're mine!" Jiwoo quickly stopped Jisuk from charging at Arthur. Fortunately, no fight occurred between the two as they both calmed down.

"Seo Jiwoo, watch your back,"

Arthu's words got everyone's attention, "Many kids are eager to go up against you after hearing about how you defeated Duke and Cain. Those two that you defeated are among this Academy's "The Ten", not just for their powers, but also for their huge backgrounds. And those two got defeated by some kid whose name's never been heard of. You wouldn't even imagine this Academy's shock after that news spread,"

"But anyone can take a defeat at some point, is that such a big deal?"

Being new to the world of Awakeners, Jiwoo is still unaccustomed to the system of this world.

The Top Four: Gangseok, Jisuk, Subin, and Sucheon, who were raised at the top of all Awakeners in South Korea with their background, are fully aware of their position and its risks. They are aware that their defeat is also the loss of their group.

"Both Duke's and Cain's grounds as the Ten have badly been shaken compared to the others. The reputation of the entire Grane Family that Duke belongs to has been chewed up by the criticizing voices, and Cain's been thrown out of the competition for the headship of the Luterain Family,"

Jiwoo didn't bother hiding his surprise, not expecting the consequences of his victory against two top students of the World Awakened Academy.

"Oh, and disciplinary action was taken against the lady professor who had guided us,"

"Are you telling me all of those things happened as a result of that one sparring match?" Jiwoo confirmed, still unable to grasp the information.

"Sure it did, since this is a place where the world's most talented assets are gathered up, there is a lot at stake, and everything's not just about us individuals but also the groups each of us belongs to. So for us, winning or losing has a lot to it,"