32

+++

Author's POV

It was dark.

Cold.

That was all the 11-year-old child could see and feel.

She tried bringing her hand up to somehow spot her hand, but there was nothing but black. Turning her head around to spot something that isn't dark hopefully, but her actions were futile. It's as if she was locked in a closed box.

"Hello?" She spoke out, hoping that someone might hear her.

But there was nothing.

Absolutely nothing was there for little Mira. All she could do was stare at the blankness of everything around her. Hold herself tightly and endure the cold, a feeling unknown to her usually warm body.

It didn't take long for the child to panic. And the first thing she did was call out the very person she believed would make everything better.

"Kayden?"

"Kayden!"

Mira cried out, turning her head to her sides to somehow catch a glimpse that wasn't filled with darkness. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she kept calling out to her brother, hoping that he'll rid her of this nightmare.

"Kayden.."

+++

It was the middle of the night, and the young heir of Baekdu needed to leave the confinement of his room after hours of resting. After Mira revealed what his Grandfather had done back in the Academy, he couldn't sit still.

He knows the outrageous acts his kin have done, but he wasn't aware that it was that bad, especially with Mira being injured by his grandfather.

He was going back to his family penthouse, and while heading towards the entrance, he found his uncle entering in a poor state—his body tense and his hair a mess.

"Uncle, are you alright?" Sucheon approached him, and he was confused about his reaction. Suman jumped at the voice behind him and immediately faced Sucheon.

Kang Suman was still anxious considering what he witnessed earlier and thinking that his brother have the nerve to mess with this kind of Awakener. Suman stared at his nephew in concern. "Shouldn't you be resting?"

"I couldn't stay there anymore," Sucheon analyzed Suman's state, and he noticed how he seems to be out of breath. "Is there something wrong?"

Suman paled at his question as he looked around their surroundings before taking a hold of Sucheon's arm and dragging him to a more isolated.

Sucheon stared at his uncle in confusion and let himself be dragged.

"Seo Jiwoo was just kidnapped earlier this evening," Suman informed the teenager, he watched Sucheon process his words.

"What does that have to do with us?"

Suman was speechless at his reply.

He believes that Sucheon deserves to know this type of information especially because of the situation they're in, but there is a voice in the back of his mind shouting at him that Sucheon is still a child. A child who will know of his father's crimes as an Awakener.

Sucheon saw the hesitation on his uncle's face. "Tell me," He waited expectantly, letting the silence pass by.

The adult sighed, "The criminals that kidnapped Jiwoo were smuggled by Baekdu,"

Sucheon felt his eyes widen at the information. He may be young, but he is the heir of Baekdu, and he knows the consequences of what his father has done. Despite being a big organization, Baekdu and the other groups still have limitations with their use of power. No matter what happens, the safety of the country is still their priority; and each group must notify the others of criminal activities.