49

---

Author's POV

"What are you smiling at?"

Mira took her gaze off her phone screen, meeting Subin's questioning eyes. Mira dropped her smile as she answered, "Nothing," She knows that Subin doesn't believe her but she somehow let her be and changed the topic.

"Hey, stop using your phone, you're supposed to be studying with me,"

Subin took the device off Mira's hands, causing her to panic as she tried to reach for her phone. Seeing her reaction, Subin observed her phone, finding the reason for her to act in such a way.

Upon noticing the content of the screen, Subin turned to her friend—slightly offended. "You're messaging Sucheon when I'm right beside you," Mira rolled her eyes at the scowl on her face, getting her phone back.

With Baekdu being closely watched by Vatore, Mira decided to avoid Baekdu and its members to stay away from Vatore's radar. Sucheon's agreed with her decision and opted to message each other instead.

"I don't understand why you even need my help in studying, you know I don't study," Mira complained, putting her cell phone in her pocket in case Subin steal it again.

Subin glared at her, "We've been over this a thousand times. You're here to make sure that I won't stop studying," Mira stared at her and the book in her hands before hitting her head, causing Subin to yell in surprise at the sudden attack.

"What was that for?!"

Mira watched as Subin rubbed her head to ease the stinging pain, "You weren't studying," Subin didn't do anything in retaliation but only glared at her before putting her focus back on her book.

Once Subin's attention was no longer on her, Mira took her phone again, but before she can even open the device, Subin spoke up. "I swear to God, if you're going to talk to Sucheon again, I'm going to kick you,"

"Why are you so bothered?"

She explained, the book was long forgotten as it dropped on the floor. "You're talking to him but not me who is sitting beside you,"

"Subin, you're studying," Mira said as if it were common knowledge.

–--

Mira stared at her brother who looked too smug, and she couldn't help but ask, "What did you do?" She asked warily. Kayden didn't have the chance to answer as Kartein answered first.

"Your idiot of a brother met Vatore,"

"I was worried sick!" Jiwoo exclaimed, keeping his eye on Casein Nitrate who has a smug look on his face."What's there to worry about? It was easy peasy. Look, I don't even have a scratch,"

Jiwoo was in awe, staring at the orange cat as if he were God, "Whoa! Kayden, you're the best..." In contrast to Jiwoo's reaction, Mira rolled her eyes at how her brother was enjoying the praise he was receiving from his apprentice.

"You really gotta show off like that when all you did was whip him a few times after Yoo Jiyoung beat him first?"

Everyone in the room turned to Kartein, and the proud look on Kayden's face dropped. "Then what? Was I supposed to show mercy to that bastard when he came to kill me knowing I was injured?"

"Just saying," The malnourished feline shrugged, unbothered by the intense glare he was receiving from Casein Nitrate.

Mira shook her head, watching as Kartein teased Kayden about the fact Yoo Jiyoung did all the work in defeating Vatore. And it's funny to the teenage girl how none of them realizes the capabilities of Shinhwa's Chairwoman.