7

---

Mira's POV

I stood beside Wooin at the very end of the line as I felt someone staring at me as they whispered. They didn't even bother to lower their voice or not to make it seem obvious that they were talking about us.

"They rejected to tell Jeongsu their power?"

I looked around the area, noting how large it is just for the seven of us. I bet there are several rooms like this, and I can't help but wonder just how much the groups spent on the buildings alone.

"What were they thinking?"

"I heard Jisuk of Shinhwa has their back,"

"Who really? No wonder, they couldn't have acted so boldly if they didn't have such strings to pull."

"Oh, did you hear? They threw a party for the Affiliated Awakened Ones yesterday, from evening to curfew."

At her words, my interest was piqued as two Affiliated Awakeners didn't mention this to us while they spent their evening with us last night.

"Man, they really do get special treatment."

"I know, right? So jealous,"

It's not really special treatment if this academy is solely for them, we're just outsiders. The groups were just generous to offer this opportunity to others. I still can't believe that they even allowed Unaffiliated Awakeners here, I think a lot of people protested this idea at the beginning.

The chatter stopped once someone approached us.

"Nice to meet you all. My name is Jang Giwook, and I'll be your instructor throughout this academy," A man with scars around his body introduced himself to us, a stern look on his face.

"You can call me Mr. Jang,"

The seven of us remained silent as we listened to our instructor's words. "Before we start, there's something you guys must keep in mind."

"While you're in here, what I say goes."

"And don't think of yourself as special since you guys are at the very bottom of the pyramid in here."

No one dared to say a word as the others processed his words.

Mr. Jang kept talking, keeping his gaze on us. "Now each of you, tell me what your Awakened Powers are."

The guy with bright red hair didn't hesitate as he started since he was on the other end of the line as he explained his abilities, "I can enhance my strength. I can lift about 200 pounds with one hand."

"My power is psychokinesis. I can move one adult with ease," The blonde explained while the teal-haired guy was next. "I can enhance my strength and make my body hard enough to withstand external shocks. I can also lift about 200 pounds with one hand, and I don't get hurt too badly even when I'm hit by a car."

"Did he get himself hit by a car before to know that?"

The smaller male that we encountered yesterday explained this with a nervous tone laced in his voice. "I can perceive and analyze the situation quickly." He stammered.

At his explanation, someone chuckled at his abilities as the two who were talking earlier stared at the male.

This type of reaction isn't uncommon in the Awakener World, especially when others deem it a useless ability.

"Why are you guys laughing?" Our instructor questioned the duo and they quickly lowered their heads.

"Listen up,"