22

---

Mira's POV

"Are you serious? Wooin lives alone in a place like this? This isn't even a proper living space, it's just a basement." Subin commented as soon as we entered the room.

Looking around the area, it doesn't look like a very comfortable place to stay in. But seeing as Wooin rejected the Union's offer, it must be fine with him.

Glancing toward Jiwoo and Jusik, they seem unbothered by the sight so I assume they know about Wooin's situation.

"It's not so bad," A voice appeared behind us, turning around we saw Wooin in the doorway.

"Wooin!"

We watched him walk towards the desk beside his as he placed his school bag on the table.

Jiwoo started, clearly worried for Wooin. "Why didn't you come to school today? We couldn't reach you either,"

"Sorry, I had things to do," I quirked a brow at his response, curious whether something is going on that we are not aware of.

Then, Jiwoo took the initiative to ask Wooin questions we've been itching to know. "Wooin, there something going on, isn't there? You've been acting weird since you visited your professor."

Wooin remained silent after Jiwoo's questions, proving to us that something is going on. We stayed quiet waiting for Wooin to say something, but after a few seconds, he wouldn't say anything.

"Something bad is going on, right? What is it?"

Jiwoo paused before stating, "Do you not want to tell us?"

Finally, Wooin said something, his voice weak. "It's not that, I'm just not used to sharing stories with others," He sighed as I heard the exhaustion in his voice.

He turned his head to look at us, giving me a chance to see his face. Dark circles resting under his eyes. "My professor is Dr. Delein," He said.

I couldn't help but stare at Wooin in surprise, not knowing this information, and clearly, Subin and Jisuk also didn't know about this.

"I should really start keeping tabs on what's happening,"

Though, looking at Jiwoo, it seems he already knew about it.

"What? You're his apprentice?"

"Who's Dr. Delein?"

Subin didn't hesitate on answering his question, "He's an Awakened One who's wanted for conducting illegal experiments,"

"Whoa, for real? Jiwoo, did you know about this?" Jisuk asked Jiwoo, making me stare expectantly at Jiwoo. "Yeah,"

Jiwoo turned to Wooin, "Did something happen to him?"

"He ran away, the Union is after him,"

The three of us shared shocked looks, "That's why everyone in the Union's been all over the place. Explains why Mr. Park told me to go straight home," Glancing towards Wooin, I lightly nudged Subin's side upon hearing her comment, not wanting Wooin's mood to worsen.

"He may be a wanted criminal, but to me, he's like a parent,"

"Are you trying to find him?" Jiwoo hesitated for a moment. We watched Wooin, my eyes softening upon seeing his tired face, he must've been bothered at the news of his father-figure leaving.

"Yeah, I want to ask him face to face, if he really meant to leave me behind,"

I looked down upon hearing his words. I may not know much about Wooin or his upbringing, but being left behind isn't something that anyone can deal with.