26

---

Author's POV

"Oh, she was able to copy off Baekdu's skill using wind," Jiwoo informed his mentor while lying down on the floor with his cats sitting on top of him.

Seo Jiwoo just finished his training with Yoo Jiyoung, exhausted. Due to his nearing match with Kang Sucheon, the Chairwoman of Shinhwa suggested helping Jiwoo, and the teen gladly took the chance.

"Eh, that's not surprising. She's been that talented and strong since little. Still, she's nothing compared to me." Caisen Nitrate, or Kayden, explained while bragging about himself. His comment caused Jiwoo to sit up.

"You've known Jiyoung for that long?"

"It wasn't like I had officially met her, but I've known her for a while. Although Korean Awakened Ones are known to be weak compared to those of other countries, being the Nation Best isn't just something you can be."

"What's even more surprising is that she got that title a year ago. There's never been an Awakened One who got acknowledged at such a young age. Well, that was also the reason why Korean Awakened Ones were looked down on. People thought Korea must be full of two-bit Awakened Ones to have such a young one in lead,"

Jiwoo grew silent at the information, not aware that something as simple could affect the power status of the country. Then, a thought appeared in his mind. "How old is Jiyoung by the way?"

Caisen Nitrate yawned, "I'm not sure, she's probably just a few years older than you,"

"If you got some rest, come downstairs and join Mira. You need to regain power through force control and get back to training."

The cat went back to the basement where Mira is currently in, maintaining a ball of electricity in front of her. The female has been holding it for probably two hours now, whilst Kayden would sometimes distract her.

As soon as Mira woke up and ate in the afternoon, the duo went back to training with Mira crying internally at the thought of going back to the basement.

"Did you take a break?"

"Do you really not trust me?" Mira groaned, keeping her attention on the ball of energy. Despite only training for hours, her control is coming back to her and making it easier for her to conjure and maintain her main ability, but it still isn't the same as her ability back when she was younger.

"No," Kayden didn't hesitate with his answer, knowing full well her tendencies to slack off.

Honestly, Mira did take a break. When the cat greeted Jiwoo in the living room, the female took it as a chance to stop. Of course, she made sure to be prepared if Kayden were to come back down, and she was lucky enough to not be caught.

Once the siblings were joined by Jiwoo, Kayden made the cream-haired male focus on his force control. After half an hour, the mentor deemed it enough and started his exercise, this time with Mira joining the physical activity.

Jiwoo and Mira chased each other in the small room using their enhanced speed. Mira has to touch Jiwoo while he has to avoid Mira. And even though it seems easy, Mira has a hard time catching up with the male teen.

The male has been accustomed to his surroundings but Mira isn't and kept stumbling to the boxes littered around the room. Despite this, Jiwoo is also having difficulties. He was surprised by Mira's speed and he had to push past his limits to evade her.

Kayden watched the two blurred lines going back and forth in the room as he walked around the room to serve as another obstacle for the teens.

The trio had to stop when the cat was 'accidentally' kicked by Mira.