51

---

Author's POV

"Mira,"

"No!"

Sucheon stared with furrowed brows at the sight of Mira crouching in the corner of his bedroom. "Go away!" Sucheon stopped in his steps, "You do realize you're in my room, right? You can't kick me out of my room,"

"Watch me,"

Mira glared at Sucheon while he sighed at her statement, unaffected by her glare, "You can just not go," His words were followed by a loud cackle from Mira, "Yeah, you're right. Why haven't I thought of that?"

By the end of her sentence, she resumed glaring at him while throwing the nearest item to Sucheon, which just happened to be a lamp. Sucheon easily dodged the lamp as it crashed into the wall behind him.

"What's going on?" Suman entered the room in confusion, hearing all the noises outside. "Mira got an invitation from the World Awakened Academy," Sucheon responded to his uncle without turning around to face him, his gaze fixated on Mira.

"You did?"

Mira cried at his question. The two Kangs watched her cry in the corner of Sucheon's room, her frustration too much for her to handle as she burst into tears. "I don't know what to do!"

"Well, what did your brother say?" Suman tried to alleviate the issue but it only made it worse as Mira cried louder. "Kayden doesn't know yet, she came here right after the Union told her," Sucheon was the one who told his uncle seeing as Mira is in no state to answer. This is probably the first time Sucheon have ever seen her so loud.

Sucheon faced his uncle, "Don't worry I'll handle it, you can go, I know you still have that meeting to go to," Suman looked hesitant to leave as he glanced at the crying Awakener, "Goodluck," He said before leaving Sucheon and Mira alone.

Sighing, Sucheon approached Mira and crouched in front of her. Grasping her face in his hands and using his fingers to wipe her tears. "This is all his fault," She cried out.

"I know," He agreed as he brought Mira into his arms and lifted her—moving her to his bed.

All Sucheon could offer her was his comfort, brushing his fingers through her hair and embracing her to somehow ease her. He knows who she's referring to, having been made aware of her previous friendship with Duke Grane. He knew something was shady with Duke the first time they crossed paths.

It took a while for Mira to calm down, still in the confines of Sucheon's embrace. Once he felt her steady breathing, he expressed his thoughts, "I think you should still tell your brother. You can't ignore this now," He pertained to all the invites Mira ignored all those years ago.

"I know," Her voice muffled as she pressed her face to his chest. She stayed like that for a few minutes, enjoying the feeling of Sucheon's arm around her body. "I guess I should go,"

Mira reluctantly pulled back, leaving the safety of his arms. "Sorry about your lamp," Sucheon's gaze immediately went to the mentioned lamp she threw at him during her fit of rage. "It's ok, I'm sure you can make up for it,"

Sucheon watched how her face looked confused at his words before it changed as realization dawned on her. A wide smile appeared on her face as she straddled his hips with her arms wrapped loosely around his neck, and Sucheon was so sure that he could die right there and then. 

However, it seemed Mira was not yet done attacking Sucheon's palpitating heart as she leaned in, her eyes set on her goal. It didn't take long for Sucheon to feel her warm lips against his.

The two have never been the same ever since they shared their first kiss, the tension between them only worsened when they went out on an official date together. The next thing they knew, the dates kept getting more frequent till they decided to put a label on their relationship. And it didn't take long for them to find themselves invading each other's personal space, similar to what's going on now.