23

---

Mira's POV

"Ugh, my whole body aches like hell,"

I heard Jisuk complain at the end of the room. "That's enough, you've been whining over those tiny little wounds for the past several hours like a baby," Subin spoke up beside me as I turned my head a little to see her sneering at the male while laying down.

"Fuck you, I broke my arm because it was twisted the wrong way from the elbow down! You would've cried your eyes out,"

I closed my eyes, trying to tune out their conversation, not in the mood to deal with their loud voice.

"That's nothing, suck it up. Do you even know how many broken ribs I have?"

I was probably the only one in the group who didn't break a bone seeing as the Klein Brother kept attacking me with his Awakened Power, and since my skin is not that sensitive to heat, I didn't receive too many burns. But my body still hurts, especially my legs, I used them too much and wasn't accustomed to the speed I did. Then, my back had a huge gash which the doctor easily healed, though, I can still feel the lingering pain.

"Go away," I groaned out to the cat beside me, pointing to Jiwoo's bed beside mine.

Then, the door slid open as a medical staff pushed Wooin's bed inside and gently placed it beside Jiwoo's. I slowly came up to see his condition, ignoring the urge to lay back down on the soft bed.

"How is he?"

"He has a skull fracture," The doctor bluntly stated as if it wasn't serious. "It seemed like he'd been attacked pretty hard on the head,"

When the staff left, the four of us decided to sit on Jiwoo's bed since it's the closest to Wooin. "What the hell happened to him? Why's he hurt so badly?" Jisuk stated seeing as Wooin is in a bad state.

Wooin stayed silent as we watched him blink, "Wooin, are you okay?"

"Yeah, as the doctor said, I'll be fine after getting some rest,"

"That's good,"

The room was quiet til Wooin spoke up, "I'm sorry, all of you,"

"I've heard that you ran into one of the Klein Brothers in your search of my professor, and got badly injured,"

"It's good that you guys took him down if you hadn't, all of you could've been dead. I'm really sorry,"

None of us dared to say anything after Wooin's heartfelt words, I had to nudge both Subin and Jisuk to say something, since they're great at changing the atmosphere, to ensure that Wooin won't feel responsible for our injuries.

"You know, you look pretty ridiculous, saying something like that while lying on a hospital bed," Jisuk lightened the mood as Subin joined in, "I was curious about what he would say so seriously looking like that,"

Jiwoo chuckled before asking, "Wooin, did you meet your professor?" A soft smile painted his lips.

"Yeah,"

We smiled at his answer, happy that he was able to see him. His professor must mean a great deal to him for Wooin to search everywhere for him.

"Speaking of the Klein Brothers, I didn't know you can fight that fast, Mira!" Jiwoo changed the subject as the attention was then on me. I groaned at this, my leg still aching. "I'm never doing that again,"

"You're focusing on the fact that she went as fast as you instead of the lightning she did at the end?" Jisuk pointed out, causing me to stiffen. "How did that happen?" He stared at me in curiosity.