30

---

Author's POV

The room was barely lit. The only source of light was at the corner of the room, where it allowed her to see the hunched figure sitting on the bed.

Mira had to focus on the dim light, ignoring the warnings in her head.

"Sucheon?"

Upon hearing the voice, the said teen looked up and met gazes with Mira, her eyes brimmed with concern but also laced with anxiety.

"Mira?"

She winced at his hoarse voice, "What are you doing here? Don't you knock?" Despite his injuries, Sucheon was still able to sound irritated.

"I did knock, five times actually," Mira replied, keeping her voice quiet and small to not anger him, especially since she sneaked inside the building.

"That still doesn't answer why you're here," Sucheon stared at her in confusion, yet, he couldn't help but feel grateful for her presence. Yes, he's upset at her absence, but that doesn't mean he doesn't crave her attention right now.

"I can always leave if you want, just tell me, but I can also stay, just say the word," The purple-haired teen looked down, processing her words as he thought of what he wanted.

He remained silent as Mira waited for his answer, stepping closer to the bed to see him better. Soon, a minute passed and Sucheon haven't said a word. "Sucheon?"

"Stay,"

Mira barely heard it but she felt light at his word, happy that despite his anger towards her, he was allowing her to stay with him. "Okay,"

The teenage girl stood at the side of the bed when Sucheon took a hold of her hands. She almost jumped at how cold his hands are, probably colder than Subin's. Mira felt him tug her in his direction.

The two stared at each other, "Sit,"

Mira didn't waste a second and sat beside him with their shoulders softly brushing, and it took her long to realize that the male was still clutching her hand. Mira interlaced their hands together, "I'm sorry,"

He didn't say anything to respond to her apology-silence enveloped the pair. No one dared to break the serenity of the room. It took a minute for someone to speak up.

"I missed you,"

Sucheon said in a small voice while avoiding her gaze, a little embarrassed to admit it to her. Mira frowned at his words, guilt coursing through her for not being there with him.

Just wanting to comfort him, Mira brought her arms around the male, careful in her action to not hurt him because of his injury. And as soon as Sucheon felt her arms around him, he leaned into her embrace and reciprocated the hug-placing his arms around her tightly, as if he doesn't want to let her go.

They stayed like that and after a few moments, Mira felt something wet on her shoulder; the part where Sucheon is currently resting his head on. In response, Mira placed her hand on his back, running it up and down as she tried to soothe his pain.

But they didn't know that someone was watching them from afar. They were too engrossed with each other's presence that they didn't notice Suman standing a few feet away from them.

Suman was quite shocked upon his entry, not expecting Mira's presence in the room; especially with what happened a few days ago. But that doesn't mean he's not happy with her company.

The reason why he decided to visit his nephew was to check up on him, but upon seeing Mira comforting Sucheon, he knew he was not needed anymore.

He couldn't deny the effect that Mira has on Sucheon's behavior. He noticed this a few years ago-Sucheon is always happier whenever Mira was around, and it seems that effect remains nowadays.