New Home

A/N: The story will start with Isa at the age of 7, you will be age 6. This age will go on for a few more chapters. Their age will also progress through the chapters.

I just really dig the trope where characters have been in love since childhood and only realize it at their teen years so I wanted to start at a young age. Idek if there's such a trope HAHSHAHA I just rly dig it. I wish I had such a love for myself T^T

Anywayyy, I hope you enjoy the chapter!! 😗

———————————————————

To say you were nervous about moving into the place your mom called the 'Encanto' was an understatement. Walking into town with you and your parents' bags, you gathered glances and stares which only made you more nervous. You grip the skirt of your mom in your hand as the three of you walk towards your new home.

Suddenly, two younger girls approached you and your parents, coming along with an older woman. They greeted the three of you with warm smiles. "Welcome to our Encanto. These little girls here are Isabela and Luisa. I am their Abuela." She says, bringing the girls closer to you.

Your mom smiles as she also pushes you a little closer to the two girls. "Why hello there Isabela, Luisa. Meet y/n, she's a little shy but still nice. I hope you treat her well."

Your grip on your mom's skirt tightens as you pull yourself back against the legs of your mom in nervousness.

Isabela noticed how nervous you were, approaching slowly with a smile. She produces a small flower in her hand, which catches your attention.

"It's nice to meet you y/n! I hope you'll like it here." Isabela says with a gentle voice. You approach her slowly with amazement in your eyes, looking at the flower- immediately fascinated by what Isabela did.

This causes Isabela to giggle at how cute she found you. She slowly places the flower in your hair, making sure she won't scare you away. "You look prettier with my flower!" Isabela compliments.

You flush in embarrassment, even though you wanted to, you couldn't bring yourself to say that Isabela was the prettiest girl you've ever seen. "Thank you," You murmur as you twirl a lock of your hair, repeatedly taking glances at Isabela then looking away. Abuela and your parents smile at the interaction between the two of you as they exchange introductions.

"Well then! Our little Luisa here just got her gift, she told me she would love to help you move in." Luisa smiles proudly and offers to take some of the luggage your father was holding. He looks at Abuela with uncertainty but she gives a sharp nod in return, letting him know Luisa could handle it.

"She was excited when she found out that new people were going to stay with us in this small town." Abuela chuckles as she looks at the stronger girl proudly, who's walking ahead of everyone else.

"I was too." Inserts Isabela, talking to you. "I wanted to meet you when Abuela said a girl around my age was also moving in." She takes your hand with a smile.

"Really?" You ask with bright eyes as you reciprocate the hold Isabela had on your hand, slowly letting go of your mom's skirt. You never really made many friends back in your old home since you're shy, and yet you already knew that you liked Isabela because she was nice to you. She made you feel relaxed and comfortable.

"Really," Isabela confirms with a nod as she swings your arm along with hers. "Do you wanna come home with me? We can play lots and I can show you more flowers. We can stay in my room."

"Okay!" You immediately agree without an ounce of hesitation. Both of you were excited to get to know each other, having your own little world as you talked on the way to your new house.

Unaware of it, your mom looks at the two of you in amusement, bewildered by the fact that Isabela got you to open up to her so easily. At the same time, she was finally glad her dear daughter had found a friend to confide in.

Once you and your parents have finally finished moving all your stuff and fixing things up inside, you were allowed to go visit the Madrigals.

You jumped and skipped in excitement. Your parents joined you since they were also invited by the adults to welcome them.

When you reached the door, you held out your hand to knock but before your knuckles could connect to the wood, the door opened on its own.

You gasp in surprise as Casita pushes all three of you inside, your parents chuckling at your reaction. Just then, Isabela comes to greet you with a big smile and shows you to the table for dinner.

Upon entering the dining room, you got seated in the middle of Isabela and another girl who had curly hair which was tied in a bun with a red ribbon. You fiddled with your fingers while you felt the other girl staring at you with her big round eyes.

Isabela sensed your nervousness when you reached out and pulled a part of her sleeve in between your fingers. She smiled and held your hand while saying comfortingly, "Don't worry y/n, this is Dolores, my cousin. She and Luisa will join us when we play in my room."

You nod in understanding, turning and quietly saying hi to Dolores. Dolores smiles, "I like listening to your voice y/n, it's really pretty and soft." This makes you let out a small smile.

Once you got more comfortable with Luisa and Dolores throughout dinner, your voice grew louder, your tone was very clearly excited to be with the three girls.

The four of you excused yourselves to play in Isabela's room once all of you finished eating. When you climbed up the stairs and reached her door, Isabela opened it, letting you inside. You gasped at how pretty all the flowers were. "It's beautiful Isa, just like you!" You say and excitedly roam around the room, unaware that you made Isabela blush, not just from the compliment but from the new nickname you gave her.

Luisa and Dolores were aware of how happy you made Isabela just from those small things, they simply smiled knowing Isabela was immediately fond of you.

The four of you played till late evening, Isabela also showed you all the different flowers in her room and taught you all about them. You didn't mind if she was doing most of the speaking, you were happy to learn more about what Isabela loved, especially loving her eyes that glowed with passion.

Once it was time for your family to go home, your parents knocked on Isabela's door along with Julieta and Pepa Madrigal. They were greeted by the sight of the four girls sleeping on Isabela's bed, making the parents smile.

"Isabela was never one to be comfortable enough to sleep with someone she just met. She must really like y/n." Julieta says as she carries Luisa to bring her to her room while Pepa also carries Dolores.

You and Isabela were hugging in between the other two girls as you all slept, making it a bit difficult for your parents to carry you without waking both you and Isabela.

"We could say the same about our y/n. Isabela had her talking the moment they met, it usually takes days to get her to talk like that with someone new." Your mom says while your father chuckles.

"I'm glad she loves it here. She can visit the girls anytime she'd like." Pepa says as she looks at Dolores smiling as she sleeps. Julieta nods in agreement.

Your parents smile and thank everyone before heading home and putting you to bed.

———————————————————

A/N: HIIII I HOPE YOU LIKED IT HFKDJCKSJS I wracked my brain trying to make this chapter as long as I could.

Pls forgive me if I have any wrong grammar, I'm getting too lazy to reread and correct stuff 😌

Thank you for reading! I'll update the book as much as I can.

Please vote <3 it motivates me a lot!