The Ceremony

The townsfolk spent a whole week preparing for Mira's gift ceremony. While Isabela and Luisa were helping outside, Dolores and Camilo helped decorate inside.

I spent the day helping in the kitchen with tía Julieta until late afternoon before she let me go home to prepare for the dinner celebration. Abuela had her hands busy with helping Mirabel prepare, and we left the two to themselves for the day.

Once I got home, we all prepared and dressed up. I decided to wear a baby blue maxi dress and tied my hair up while heading down. Then we made our way towards La Casa Madrigal.

"Y/n, welcome back!" Camilo greets me then nods at my parents, shapeshifting into Isabela to tease me, leaning in to stroke my face.

I laugh and move back as I slap his arm playfully, patting his head aggressively as he retains the form of Isabela. "That won't work on me."

Before he could let a word out, a vine interrupts us as I get pulled along by the arm. "Glad to see you mariposa." Isabela cooes into my ear.

I laugh as we walk inside, Isabela intertwining our arms. "I wouldn't miss it for the world. I'm so excited for Mira." I say as I look at the glowing door atop the stairs. My ears drum slightly at the loud music playing around us, I can't even imagine how annoying it could be for Dolores.

Isabela pulls us towards the table with food, where tía Julieta and tío Agustin were. She grabs a plate and just as I'm about to take one for myself, she stops me. "Let's share." She simply says before she takes food for the both of us.

I smile and turn towards her parents, "Good evening tío, tía." I greet them with a hug, which they return.

"Thank you once again for your help chica, it would've taken me ages to finish cooking all this food." Tía Julieta says as she strokes my hair affectionately, while tío Agustin nods in agreement.

"Please tía, it's the least I could do for you after teaching me everything I know now." I say with a humble smile.

"You say that but you really didn't need my guidance. You were already such an amazing cook." She says with a proud tone. Because of little things like this, I already felt like I was a part of their family with how they treat me.

Tío Agustin turns to look at Isabela grabbing both of our food as he speaks, "You'd make the perfect addition to this family."

I laugh and thank him before Isabela comes back to my side and excuses us. "What'd they say? Your ears are red." Isabela mentions as she gets seated at a table for the Madrigal kids, gesturing for me to sit next to her.

"Oh, nothing," I respond quickly and take a bite of the food tía and I made. "Don't worry about it."

She looks at me skeptically as she chews her food, and just as she's about to speak, Dolores gets seated on my other side, letting out a whistle. "Well look at you hermosa."

I roll my eyes at Dolores playfully and nudge her with my elbow. "Oh quit it, Dolores. Mama wanted me to dress up."

Dolores smiles at me widely while Isabela watches our interaction silently. "You should wear dresses more often hermosa, they really bring out your beauty. I'm pretty sure Isa loves it too."

Camilo then sneaks up on us, shapeshifting into my current look and swinging his hips at Isabela. "Y/n and Isabela, sitting on a tree- mmph!"

He goes back to himself when Isabela shoots flowers at his face, some even entering his mouth. He smirks once he spits them all out, "Rude."

I laugh as I watch the three of them interact, looking like absolute dorks. But I think they forgot they're one of the few important people in this event, slowly gathering the attention of the townsfolk nearby our table while their voices grew louder.