Rewrite the Stars

"Mi flor, when Mariano asks you to be his girlfriend- I understand if you say yes." You say in between short pauses, unsure if it were truly the right thing to say. It would only mean having to put up with Mariano even more than before, as well as giving him a chance towards marriage.

But you shake those thoughts away and take your lover's hand in your own, placing the softest kiss against the back of it while gazing into her eyes.

With guilt in Isabela's own hazel orbs, she questions, giving you just one more chance to change your mind. "Are you truly, and I mean truly, okay with it mi amor?"

"I understand the position you're in, and I know I'm the only one you love." You whisper with a reassuring smile, willing to fight for your relationship when Isabela was ready.

Instead of rushing her, you decide to support her and move at her own pace when it came to her family. It definitely wasn't easy, and although both of you were pleased that some of them approved of it, it didn't make it any easier to tell those who didn't know. "I promise I'll do whatever it takes to marry you."

With soft eyes, Isabela moves closer, cupping your cheeks before pulling you into a bittersweet kiss. "I love you."

-

And as if you had completely seen it coming, Mariano indeed asked her to be his girlfriend the very next day. Your intuition scared you some days.

When the clock strikes midnight, you make your way out back into Isabela's favorite flower field, finding her working on a handmade flower crown, instead of using her gift like always. It was an adorable gesture that you wouldn't ever forget.

Walking slowly, you wrap your arms around her from behind, placing gentle kisses on the side of her neck while she giggles gently. "Took you long enough to arrive."

"My oh my, I dearly apologize, my sweetest reina for being late as always. You quite deserve someone who would never even dare-"

With a smooth motion, Isabela uses her vines to bring you in front of her, pulling you into a searing kiss. "Do you ever shut up?" She questions with a playful smile when she finds you in a daze at the sudden events.

"Eh, you always know how to shut me up anyway." You throw a wink at her, rolling her eyes in response before she places the flower crown at the top of your head.

Just as quickly, she produces a large patch of soft-petaled flowers on the grass, knowing how it sometimes gave you rashes. With a gentle tug, she pulls you to lie down next to her, gazing at the night sky filled with magnificent starlight.

Letting time pass in silence, you take Isabela's hand, intertwining your fingers and stroking them every now and then. "I wish this moment could last forever," Isabela whispers.

Turning to look at her, the stars reflect in her eyes. "We could have so many more moments and memories ahead of us. You don't need to sound so worried, my love." You whisper as you give her a lingering kiss on her temple.

"But what if-" Just as she turns to look back at you with anxiousness on her face, you cut her off with a kiss on the lips.

Rubbing her back gently and pulling her closer to you, you whisper with the most soothing voice you could muster, making sure to reassure her after hearing her voice shake from the few words she had just muttered. "What matters is where we are now. Don't let what the future could hold scare you, let's just live in the moment and make choices we know we wouldn't regret."

Isabela tightens her hold on you, both of you moving synchronously to look back up at the sky and only finding it more magnificent than just seconds ago.

The moon peeks out of several clouds, and it was almost like it was shining down at the two of you alone in a spotlight. "And if it still scares you, just know that you'll always have me, to face those times with you. You'll never have to be alone again, querida."

"Do you promise? That no matter how bad it gets, you'll always be with me?" Isabela whispers, fear coating her tone and looking back at you while you gaze up at the stars.

You smile, "I promise, through thick and thin and through all of eternity, you'll have me. All of me." You emphasize, always making sure that she knows there would be no part of you that she didn't have. You were completely, and fully hers.

With a deep breath, she leans in closer, her face in the crook of your neck. "And if fate has other plans for us...? If we hadn't actually had a choice and we were simply just forcing what wasn't meant to be?"

"We get to choose our own destiny. And if what's written for us in the future is that we aren't meant to be... that we'll end up with broken hearts and painful memories; well, then maybe we should just rewrite the stars and forge our own path."

Isabela lets out a low chuckle, wrapping her arms around your waist and already getting reassured just by hearing your voice. Her fears never went away completely, and now that she was officially Mariano's girlfriend, those fears only continued to grow.

Because the truth was, she didn't want you to be okay with being someone else's girlfriend. She just wanted to be yours, and that was enough.

Now that she was in this deep on her life choices, she was now at the point of no return. "I love how sure you are, of us."

"That's because you're the only thing I've ever been so sure of in my life." You whisper, noticing a single shooting star and immediately pulling Isabela up with you in surprise. Pointing at it quickly, you speak with enthusiasm. "Make a wish!"

And as if time had slowed down, Isabela looks back at you, a loving smile on her lips. "I wish to marry you, and no one else."

"Dummy, now that you've said it out loud, it won't come true. Now we're never getting married." You playfully say, only to find Isabela serious.

"I don't want anyone else but you... And after all that talk of rewriting the stars too." Isabela whispers, her brows knotted in worry.

And as if the heavens heard her plea, a sudden meteor shower starts pouring from the midnight sky, the rain of light illuminating it.

"Don't worry mi estrella, it seems you still have a hundred more wishes to make. And I'll pull all my life strings isabela, go through each and every single one, as long as they weave a life that leads me back to you. I'll marry you, and make sure you stay mine... for as long as you want me to keep trying."

With a sigh, you share a once more sweet, but passionate kiss as the meteor shower continues to fall above you. "And that's all I ever want."

-------------------

A/N: Yo, it's 1 am. And if you haven't already, go check out my other books. They deserve some recognition too LMAO.

Also, thank you for continuing to read this. You readers r the only reason why I'm still able to update lol. Hope everyone has a great day :))

Please vote <3 it motivates me a lot!