A World of Our Own

A/N: Heya!! I just published my third book a few days ago, go check it out <3 Its title is Serendipity | Isabela x Reader

Also... I'm thinking of writing a Dolores x fem reader book..... GIVE ME IDEASSSS HAHAHAHA I might write her OOC so... I think I gotta rewatch Encanto a few more times too.

I hope y'all enjoy this chapter!!

———————————————————

"I love you." You repeat as you look at her with the biggest smile on your face. You felt tears spring in your eyes as you pulled her into your arms once again. "I love you, I love you, I love you." You whisper against her ear.

She giggles as she nuzzles against you, flowers blooming once again on her hair. This time they weren't disappearing, proving that Isabela was just as flustered and happy as you. "Let me hear it come out of your lips once more." You coo, feeling a shiver run down her spine, making you smile at how you affected her.

"Te amo." She says before pulling away, cupping your cheek and slowly placing her lips against yours.

You feel your heart burst as she kisses you slowly but passionately, her other hand finding your waist as she pulls you even closer- if it was still even possible from how your bodies were already against one another, stuck like glue.

Your lips move in perfect sync as you wrap your arms around her neck, wishing it would never end. That it wasn't a cruel dream that you would soon wake up from once you've felt it was satisfactory.

She pulls away with a giggle, licking her lips as she closes her eyes, her forehead against yours. "I think I'm drunk on the feeling of your lips on mine." She says boldly, your breath hitching in your throat at her sudden honesty.

"Oh believe me, I'm drunk on everything about you." You say as you stroke her cheek, placing a peck on her lips before pulling away completely. "And as much as I'd like to spend the entire day solely with you- we can't."

She lets out a sigh with a sad smile placed on her face. "I must admit, it's weird seeing you take initiative with going the responsible way."

"I think it's better to obey the rules right now than send everything crashing down right away just because of my greed for you." You say with a teasing smile as she rolls her eyes, taking your hand and interlocking your fingers. "Let's go."

You try to get her down quickly, hoping she wouldn't remember the stupid sketchpad that brought you to pin her down on the bench in the first place.

And as if feeling you manifest against it, she reads your mind and pulls you back, taking the sketchpad from the floor. "You promised. May I?" She asks with a smile.

Isabela didn't really want to push your limits, so she decided to finally ask you instead. If you refused, she would respect that and wait for you to show her another time. But she truly was shaking in excitement to find out what was inside, and you couldn't say no to how cute she looked.

You nod and watch her as she opens it slowly, revealing the contents filled to the brim with sketches and paintings... of her.

You didn't want to freak her out, especially because some of the drawings started when you were still young. But it definitely proved one thing: you've been infatuated with her from the start. She poured inspiration into you from just one look. You made her your muse.

You watch as she smiles, her fingertips grazing each page as she takes her time looking through it. She wondered how she ended up so special in your eyes and hoped it could stay like that forever. She hoped you would only look at her even as the two of you grew older and met new people.

She completely forgot about how both of you needed to get back, finding short written poems and writings on some of the pieces. When she turns to look at you, a tear escapes her eye, dropping at one of the pages.

"I love you." She whispers as she pulls you into her arms, hoping time would stop for the two of you. And it truly felt like it. She merely wanted a world where only the two of you mattered, where you could love openly and marry when you wanted. Without the struggles that usually came along with it, without the fear and judgement.

You smile as you place a gentle kiss on her neck, only wishing you could mark her and let everyone know she wasn't going to be anyone else's. "I love you more."

You pull away and wipe the tear that had left a trail on her cheek. Leading her out of the house and letting her take you to the town without fail.

The two of you walk towards the plaza hand-in-hand before letting go once people come into view. "I'll see you later." You whisper and make your way towards your family, watching as Isabela faded into the crowd.

Everyone started the music in your presence, singing and dancing while greeting you. You let out a laugh as people dance goofily, being led by Camilo. Mirabel, Dolores, and Luisa were right by him in support while the townsfolk decided to join in, pulling you with them.

Isabela had watched as you wore a dazzling smile, both of you gazing into one another's eyes with mischief dancing in them. Maybe keeping it a secret wouldn't be so bad after all.

The afternoon soon flew by into the night, fireworks erupting in the sky and providing light to the darkness. It painted the sky with beautiful colors, Isabela standing right next to you as you held hands in the crowd.

As everyone looked up, the only thing the two of you could do was look into each other's eyes. Nothing had ruined the day, not even Abuela or Mariano, the two of you were all that mattered. And neither of you could keep your excitement for the future dates that awaited, even if it meant sneaking around.

But that's what made it all the more fun for both of you. "Congratulations, prima." Dolores whispers to Isabela as she covers her ears, squeezing her shoulder before walking away with a supportive smile.

Hearing the two of you today had sparked hope in her heart. She knew you would never give Isabela up to Mariano. But she also knew it would take a while for either of you to take true action.

But Dolores was willing to wait on that chance, as long as it meant she could finally get Mariano to look her way.

———————————————————

A/N: Kind of a short chapter, I'm sorry. Work has been tiring.

Please let me know if you found any grammatical errors. I've been rereading this several times and my mind is already going bonkers just looking for errors at 4 in the morning lmao.

Hope you liked this chapter though <3 Let's go fluff 🎉

Please vote <3 it motivates me a lot!