Sisterly Bonding

4 years had passed since we moved into Encanto. Camilo just got his gift, soon enough it would be Mirabel's turn.

Isabela had been busy with Mirabel for the past year since Abuela had her in charge of taking care of her. She chose to prioritize tía Julieta's gift to help the people instead, while tío Agustin was also usually out to do family errands. But when Isa was busy, Abuela would ask for help from me.

Since I didn't have much on my hands, I always came to visit them and helped Isabela out. There were times when she was overwhelmed with Mirabel's playfulness. But she always loved styling her hair, making sure to add flowers to make it look more beautiful. Mirabel loved it when Isa would make flowers for her, she found them stunning and it made her all the more excited to get her own gift.

I make my way to the Madrigal's casita, bringing food I cooked. The past few years, tía Julieta taught me how to cook better food whenever I was over. She also taught me how to make Isabela's favorites.

Once I reach the door, casita welcomes me. I head up to the nursery room and knock before entering. I'm greeted by the sight of Isabela and Mirabel playing house.

I smile as I watch them by the door. "Act more like a mom!" Mirabel says in frustration, making Isabela grunt in annoyance.

I let out a quiet chuckle, hoping not to interrupt them. They seemed to be immersed in their role-playing since they didn't even hear me come in.

"It's hard to act like it when there's no dad! Besides, you're my sister, how could I treat you like you're my child?" Isabela says, already sick of pretending.

I decide it's finally time to stop them so I come up to Mirabel, catching both of their attention. I get seated in between them and pat Mirabel's head. "Dad's home and I brought some food for you!"

Mirabel's eyes shine in joy then she lunges herself at me in excitement. She speaks as her face is pressed against my shoulder. "Y/n, you're here!"

I pull her back gently by the shoulders then shake my head. "Tsk tsk, it's dad right now, isn't it? You shouldn't speak to your mom like that." I say in a scolding tone before wiggling my brows at Isabela. She rolls her eyes with a smile in response.

"Sorry, dad." She says, genuinely apologetic to me before she puffs her cheeks when she looks at Isabela, using a sarcastic tone. "Sorry, mom."

You let out a laugh as the two sisters clearly look fed up with each other. "Alright, alright, let's start eating. I'm guessing neither of you has eaten lunch yet."

Isabela smiles as she nods and takes my hand. "Thank you for cooking for us, mariposa."

I blush at the nickname. She started calling me that a few years back and it never failed to make my heart race. "You're welcome mi vida."

Isabela turns to me with rosy cheeks as she takes some food for herself. "You're taking the role-playing so seriously. You never call me that."

I laugh as I offer a piece of my empanada for her to bite. "Well, Mirabel was just complaining about you acting more like a mom. Gotta do my best for our kid." I say with a smirk.

Isabela tucks her hair behind her ear then leans in and takes a bite. "Besides, tía Julieta calls you mi vida all the time. I'm just following her influence." I finish before taking a bite out of the same empanada.

"Of course you are, mariposa." She says with another roll of her eyes that held mischief in them.

"Feed me too!" Mirabel says before sitting in between my legs, leaning her back on my chest.