Closer

Lying on the bed while looking at the ceiling, you press a gentle kiss to her temple. "Promise me when you aren't too busy, we'll meet?"

"Always." She whispers, her hand on your waist as she nuzzles her face in the crook of your neck.

"Isabela!" Tía Julieta shouts from outside, making the two of you jolt up and separate instantly. You almost lose balance and fall off the bed, straight into the sea of flowers. But Isabela holds onto you by the wrist with a giggle as she tries to steady you. "Dinner will be served in 30 minutes. Be down with y/n by then, alright mi vida?"

"Sí mamá!" She shouts back, the two of you in a fit of giggles as you try to calm your hearts down from the panic that settled in just seconds ago.

Just as you start to relax, impact against your face startles you, making you lose balance once again. Your eyebrows furrow in confusion as the bed starts to descend slowly. With your mouth gaped open, it slowly forms into a smirk as you turn to Isabela, realizing she hit you with her pillow. "Oh it's on."

She laughs as she grabs two pillows, running around her bed. You grab your own weapons, using them to defend as she smacks you against your shoulder.

Finding an opening, you hit her against the face, letting out a giggle as she stumbles back. Your laugh is immediately muffled as another pillow hits your face. "Try and keep up." Isabela says as she sends a barrage of pillow attacks, making you stumble back onto the flowered floor.

"Hey! That's unfair!" You shout as you let go of your own pillows, using your arms to block your face.

You definitely missed when she let loose like this, seeing her hair messed up and her dress ruffled up. It reminded you of the times she didn't have to care about her image at all.

The time she didn't need to spend every single minute of her day with Mariano.

She laughs as she straddles you again, using her vines to grab the other pillows from the bed and hit you with them. She truly never knew how to hold back, especially when she got competitive like this.

"I give up! White flag! Surrender!" You shout in a fit of giggles as she laughs back, the hits against you slowing.

"You started it." She says with a teasing smile, fixing your hair slowly as she brushes her fingers through it gently.

You look at her with disbelief in your eyes, placing your hand on top of your chest with your mouth open. "You've got to be kidding me."

Once again, she laughs as she shakes her head, her hair swaying along with her as she looks down at you. "Plus! I would never start a battle I can't win. I was clearly outnumbered." You say with a pout.

When she completely lets her guard down, you grab her by the wrist, pinning her down on the rows of roses with only one hand. You quickly grab a pillow on the floor, "Ha! Time for payba-"

But before you could use it to hit her again, she quickly leans forward as she struggles against your grip, placing a peck on your lips. You quickly stop your movement as you look at her with disbelief again.

You roll your eyes as she looks at you with the sweetest, most innocent smile on her face. "Well aren't you the sweetest little thing?" You speak with sarcasm in your tone.

She laughs in amusement, now submitting to you, not struggling against your hold as she speaks in a purr. "Only to you mi amor."

"And it should stay that way." You whisper before leaning in to place another kiss against her lips, initiating for the first time.

She giggles against your lips, wrapping her arms around your neck to pull you closer once you've let go of her arms. When you pull away, she groans, not letting go of you as she keeps her arms around your neck.

You pepper kisses on her face with a smile. "It's funny though, I thought you'd lecture me about the way I treat Mirabel." She says as she stays still while you spoil her. "Since I'm only sweet to you."

Pulling away to look her in the eyes, you nod, trying to look serious. "Yeah, about that. You really need to-"

"Nope." She quickly cuts you off, making you laugh as the two of you get up from the floor. Isa makes sure her hair and dress are fixed for dinner, checking the time if you lost track and possibly end up late.

"You're the one who brought it up." You say with a chuckle as you take a look at yourself too, your clothes crumpled up from the pillow fight.

She turns back at you and starts patting your clothes from all the flower petals that got stuck to the fabric, a small smile sitting on her lips. "It's like we're an old married couple." She whispers and places a kiss against your cheek.

You giggle as you place your forehead against hers, pulling her close by the waist as you close your eyes, giving her an eskimo kiss. "I'm pretty sure old married couples have weak knees. Y'know... not strong enough to have pillow fights."

The two of you sway to non-existent music, feeling her giggle against you. "You know I didn't mean it like that."

"Do I?" You laugh as you pull away with a smile, spinning her before pulling her close once again.

"You must think you're so funny." She says with a smirk, looking at your smug face at the corny jokes you make.

She found it cute how you were always trying to make her laugh, but all she could really think about was how adorable you were when you made them.

"I really do." You whisper, butterfly kissing her as you pull her face closer to yours. "Back to being friends by dinner, huh?"

She nods, gripping the back of your clothes as you continue to sway around the room. "It won't be like this forever, I promise you."

She wanted you to believe that... even if she didn't truly believe them herself. She just hoped she sounded convincing enough.

———————————————————

A/N: I just released my Dolores x Fem Reader book, as well as a one-shot book for all the Female Madrigals. Y'all can make requests there~

I was gonna add a scene where the two of you swing around with her flowery vines and have fun... But I'm too sleepy, my brain won't work properly. Maybe another time, or in another book T^T

Thank you for reading!

Please vote <3 it motivates me a lot!