It's Cold Outside

A/N: It's funny, when I'm feeling angsty I have to write about fluff and when I'm feeling for some fluff, I have to write some angst.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter.

———————————————————

You take Isabela's hand in your own, warming each other from the cold weather. The village was filled with pure white everywhere, the roofs and streets filled with snow.

You adored the winter season, making sure to play with the white snow grains that fell every so often while Isa always stayed in.

It was quite obvious why, spring being her favorite. She could barely produce any flowers outside and it disappointed her. But then again, it meant less work for her to do. She made sure to take advantage of that rest.

You make your way to the park, the snow being quite thick as your footsteps leave marks on the snow. Getting seated by a secluded bench once again, you make sure you're close enough to feel each other's warmth.

"I really don't understand what it is about winter that you like." She whispers, her breath forming in the air in between each word. She rubbed her arms while she let out a shiver.

You smile, pulling her to saddle you and feel the heat of her body even closer. You were more immune to the cold than her but you had to admit that today was especially cold.

"This," you start, gesturing towards your position while she leans closer to you, your breath hitting her and feeling the heat quickly before it faded along with the frosty air. "Is what I like about winter now."

She breathes heavily, finding your answer annoying. Without any warning, she places her cold hands on your neck, the freezing feeling sending shivers down your spine. A single fingertip making contact with your skin was enough for you to let out a yelp in surprise.

"Don't start, I'm already annoyed you felt the need to take us out here instead of enjoying mugs of hot chocolate in your studio." She speaks, quickly taking her hands off of you to stop you from shivering.

You chuckle, wrapping your hands around her waist and pulling her into a kiss. "I love it when you're annoyed, it only makes you look hotter."

She doesn't fight it but she speaks in between kisses, disrupting the amazing feeling of when your lips would meet. "Then you must love it when I'm around Mariano, huh?"

You pull away completely, a disgusted look on your face just imagining them on another date that Abuela had set up for them. The man couldn't even prepare for dates on his own for christ's sake.

A laugh escapes Isabela's lips, enjoying the expressions you made whenever he was mentioned. "I'm kidding amor, don't look so serious." She whispers once again before pulling you back into a proper kiss.

You've kissed so many times since you first confessed but the feeling was still the same after all that time. Your heart still fluttered every single time and you could only hope it was the same for her.

You swipe your tongue against her lower lip and she grants entrance, letting you explore every nook and cranny while your tongues clashed for dominance.

You were always thirsty for each other, and since there was no one out and about on this cold day, you made sure to take benefit from it.

Isabela was never one to give in without a fight, but how she loved when you asserted dominance. She could only imagine just how good your tongue would be in other places while you skillfully kissed her.

Without much thought, you slip your hand underneath her coat and blouse, towards her bare skin only for her to be electrified by the coldness of your hand.

She pulls away instantly, breathing heavily while recovering from the freezing feeling that sent goosebumps up her arms. "Oh! I'm sorry mi flor." You whisper, fighting the urge to smile when you see her swollen lips.

You pull her into a hug, trying to ease warmth as you rub her back soothingly. "You were totally just trying to get payback."

You let out a laugh, unable to hold it in anymore and feeling her pout against you. "It wasn't my intention, really. I just couldn't keep my hands to myself."

She pulls away, letting out a sigh despite the grin on her lips. You reach for the bag you brought beside you, taking out a wrapped gift and handing it to her. "Here, maybe this will help."

She looks at you, skeptical at what you were planning but taking it anyway. Unwrapping it gently, she tries not to damage the beautiful paper you used, slowly revealing a beautiful indigo scarf with flower embroideries on it.

It was messily done, but she could tell that it was handmade by you, realizing why your hands were always injured. Isabela of course had made sure to bring you some arepas to heal them instantly.

"I had some lessons from Mirabel in the past and I've tried practicing again..." You whisper, watching as a proud smile forms on your girlfriend's lips as she wraps it around her neck, wrapping the other half around you. "I hope you like it..."

She giggles, pecking your lips and making you fall in love once again, only harder this time. "I love it, mi vida..." She whispers, pulling you back into a hug to show her pure appreciation for all the effort you put in.

She wished she could be a better girlfriend to you. The only reason your relationship was a secret is because she couldn't stand up for you to Abuela, and Isabela hated herself for it.

Your kindness and patience both touched her and killed her inside. Every moment shared with you was always bittersweet, but she never wanted it to end.

Pulling away, she grabs your hands with each of her own, intertwining your fingers before breathing into them to warm them. "I love you, and every single thing you do."

Grabbing something from the pocket of her coat, she hands you a small paper bag. Opening it just as gently, inside are a pair of mittens, making you laugh. "You could've given these sooner."

"I could say the same about you, y'know." She says a matter-of-factly, clicking her tongue in fake disappointment before wearing her usual sweet and genuine smile.

You place one mitten on her left hand, the other one on your right hand, leaving you both with a single bare hand. And with that, you take it on your own, intertwining your fingers and placing it deep into your pocket for some warmth. "We should get going, we wouldn't want to freeze to death, would we?"

She nods with a smile, standing up along with you from that secluded bench. She speaks as she leans her head on your shoulder while you walk. "Maybe winter isn't too bad after all."

———————————————————

Please vote <3 it motivates me a lot!