Flowers Bloom Around Us

A/N: Hi! I just wanted to state that I'll start writing in first-person POV when they get a little older. I can't bring myself to write the whole chapter in a way a child would speak and think 😭

I kind of enjoy writing in this POV though. It's my first time since I'm used to writing in the first person.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

———————————————————

A month had passed since you and your parents had moved into Encanto. The three of you settled in perfectly, enjoying each day that had passed, especially you, whose friendship with the Madrigals bloomed just as much.

The nervousness you first had was immediately replaced with everyday excitement. Being friends with 3 girls who had their special gifts was just mind-blowing to you. You even had the chance to see and explore Luisa and Dolores' rooms.

Today, you had an arrangement with a certain madrigal who you most definitely favored the most. Isabela wanted to spend a whole day alone with you in a place where no one else knew about, a place only she knew about.

Isabela couldn't help but get drawn to you. She felt she could completely be herself around you, who also brings out a side of hers she didn't know she had. Maybe it was the way you could make her talk about everything she loved without fearing what you would think. After all— you were the only one who didn't treat her as the perfect golden child of the Madrigals, Isabela was 'just Isabela'.

Both you and Isabela started getting ready for the day in the morning, waking up bright and early. She had asked for help from her mamá to make a picnic basket. She didn't want the effort to be completely Julieta's alone, in fact, she wanted to brag to you about how she helped make the food the two of you would be eating.

You had breakfast in your own homes before the two of you would meet. You made sure to bring your sketchpad and materials to draw. Ever since you could hold a pencil, you taught yourself how to draw.

Meeting Isabela had sparked inspiration in you that you never thought you would have. You were never one to draw sappy or beautiful things, but you started to enjoy drawing all kinds of flowers, exploring different kinds of techniques and color palettes to match the beauty of the flowers Isabela makes. She influenced you with so many things from the short amount of time the two of you have been together.

In perfect timing, Isabela had arrived just after you finished dressing up, rushing down to meet her by the door. She decided to pick you up just so you could be together longer instead of meeting in the center of the town, which would make your walk together much shorter.

A smile is brought upon the face of Isabela when she's greeted by you wearing a floral spaghetti strapped dress. "Mamá wanted me to wear it.." You say, obviously embarrassed.

"It's perfect for where I'm bringing you!" Isabela says enthusiastically as she takes your hand. It was a habit she grew when she started spending more time with you, a habit exclusive to you.

Isabela wasn't exactly a very touchy person; she admits that when she first held your hand, it was to give you a little solidarity since you were so nervous to be in a new environment. Now she even enjoys the feeling of your hand on hers.

You smile as Isabela takes you to wherever the two of you would be spending the day. You didn't have a clue as to where, but you didn't bother asking since you trust her.

The two of you chat happily just before you were greeted by the view of the forest surrounding the Encanto. "I'm taking you somewhere special to me," Isabela whispers, hoping Dolores wasn't eavesdropping. "If you're scared, I promise it's safe."