If These Wings Could Fly

A/N: *casually pops up after being away for 5 months*

Hey~ ( ͡⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆)

HAHAHAHA I'm sorry, I just had to. Anyway, lesbihonest, I don't have any intentions of dwelling on the movie scenes, simply because reading it all happen again and practically copying off of the movie doesn't make sense to me, since we also all know what happens in the movie by now. I'm going to write around it, and not add most of the script.

This chapter is lowkey inspired by the song Wings by Birdy. Thank you for your patience, and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

———————————————————

Today was the day, people were festive everywhere you went. Everyone was excited, while also feeling jitters especially since it was the first gift ceremony since Mirabel's. You couldn't even imagine how Antonio or Mirabel felt since they were both the talk of the village at the moment.

Whispers could be heard about how most people were worried that Camilo's gift was the last, making not only Mirabel conscious but even Antonio, a literal child they're putting on a pedestal.

There you were sitting on your balcony, watching people go about their day and seeing Mirabel singing as children follow her around like glue while she explains every Madrigal's gift and role in the family.

Just when you turn away from Mirabel and the children with a giggle, your eyes meet your lover's, a practiced smile on her face but flourishing into an enamored expression, her orbs softening with affection.

She watched as you laughed along to her sister's antics, loving the way you squinted your eyes slightly as you did so, your hair blowing along with the gentle gust of wind.

"I love you." you mouth towards her, making Isabela smile. She didn't care to look around if anyone had noticed, she could only find herself falling into your sweet smile.

Isabela knew something was up based on Dolores's behavior, seeming a little more restless as each day passed. She felt it was completely unrelated to Antonio's ceremony because you seemed to be acting the same way, making Isabela herself feel uneasy.

Approaching your balcony, Isabela brings vines up as she gazes from below, offering to help you get down quickly. Allowing them to wrap around you and take you down gently, you step onto the street, leaving a small gap of space between the two of you.

Leaning her forehead across your shoulder, Isabela inhales your scent, comfort flooding her as she feels you run your fingers through her beautifully kept hair. "I love you too." She whispers, not minding the townsfolk going about their day busily.

"You're being awfully clingy in public right now, is anything wrong?" You whisper, your breath hitting her neck and seeing it lightly tinted with pink while goosebumps start to form on your lover's arms.

She lets out a breath, pulling away and shaking her head, the usually practiced smile she wore in public now being used right in front of you. "Not at all, I just missed you."

Grabbing her gently by the wrist, you make sure to keep her looking at you in the eyes. "Isabela, why of all people, are you using that smile on me?" You question, her eyebrows meeting in slight distress.

"You've been showing me the exact same expressions. How could I not start to worry?" And just as she's about to say more, Abuela gives you a short greeting before pulling her away, Isabela sending a short apologetic glance your way.

The number of times Abuela had tried to pry Isabela away from you had become more frequent as well, as if she could feel her granddaughter's hesitation towards marriage.