Chapter 6 - Explanations

Once Natasha had been able to remove herself from the step outside and had returned to the inside of the trailer, she dug out whatever tools she had and tried to come up with a plan to remove the collar.

From what she could understand the shock it emitted wasn't much unlike the shock given off by her Widow Bites, and she hoped by taking them apart and reverse engineering she could figure out how to disable at least that part of the collar.

Ideally she could just disengage the lock and remove the collar without opening the internal mechanism. In her experience a strong magnet would have a decent chance of working, but she needed to have another look at the collar. She didn't have any clue what fail-safes were installed into it, and worried that if she removed it improperly without powering down the electrical current causing the shocks, it could prove more dangerous. Natasha knew that she had some time to consider all aspects of the collar before trying to remove it, so figured she would use that time to make sure she did so as safely as she could.

A small part of her was also slightly hesitant to figure it out, as once that collar was removed she worried Wanda would stay true to her word, leaving the trailer, and Natasha, for good. Natasha knew she couldn't be that person though, if Wanda truly didn't want to be there, she wouldn't keep her under any false pretences. The reason she had done everything this far was to ensure Wanda was free to live her life. She had hoped that they would have done that together, but now she wasn't sure if that would ever happen.

As she tinkered, Wanda spent her time in between her smoke breaks, watching on and answering any questions Natasha had about the device. She was of little help in that department as they had sedated her to put it on, and she only learned it's effects as they happened.

So, for the most part the trailer was quiet, and before either woman realised, darkness had set in again as the evening arrived. It wasn't until Natasha's stomach audibly rumbled that she looked up from the table she was working at.

"What time is it?" she asked Wanda, who shrugged in reply. There were no hanging clocks and she didn't have a phone, so had no means to check the time.

"Right, sorry," Natasha apologised, before pulling her phone from her pocket and checking it, "It's just coming up on seven. Are you hungry?"

Wanda nodded, so Natasha stood from her position with a stretch and stepped into the small kitchen. Without asking about preference she started pulling out pots and ingredients, and began preparing some sort of pasta dish.

Wanda didn't say anything, but she was secretly glad at Natasha's choice. Italian was always her favourite.

As she watched the now blonde Russian move around the kitchen, her mind wandered to the last home cooked meal she had been cooked. Though it had been prepared by someone quite different.

The smell from the kitchen drew Wanda from her room in a sort of trance. Vision looked flustered as he switched his gaze between the sheet of paper he held in his hand and the ingredients around him. She would have sworn he was almost sweating.

"A pinch of paprika?" a question he directed to no one in particular. Perhaps the sheet in his hand.

He hesitantly lifted what he assumed classed as a pinch with his free hand, and added it to the bubbling pot on the stove.

"Is that paprikash?" Wanda asked, having overheard his half question and recognising the smell the closer she got to the kitchen.

"I thought it might lift your spirits," Vision replied as Wanda got closer to the stove.

As she reached the pot, she used the spoon already submerged in the sauce to give it a taste.

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best either. However, appreciating his efforts she nodded, "Spirits lifted."