Chapter 16 - Funds

"Natasha?"

Natasha hummed in acknowledgement, but didn't take her eyes off the TV. It had been another few weeks since they had run into Kari at the diner, and the two had continued in their state of domestic bliss with no hiccups since.

That evening, they had made dinner at home and Wanda suggested they watch one of Natasha's favourite spy movies, which she now slightly regretted as Natasha's gaze was glued to the screen.

"Natasha?" Wanda repeated, slightly smiling at her lover's trance, but still eager to get her full attention.

"Sorry," Natasha paused the movie, and turned to face Wanda who was standing by the dining table. They had been together on the couch, but Wanda had got up to get them both a snack from the kitchen. She was holding something in her hand, not food, but the envelope of cash from under the sink.

"What's wrong?" Natasha asked as Wanda had now resumed flicking through the envelope, a slight look of panic in her eyes.

"Have you checked this recently?" she asked, gesturing to the envelope.

"No," Natasha replied, "Why?"

"We have almost nothing left."

"That can't be right," Natasha shook her head and got up, "I had enough money in there to last us at least two months."

"Well it's been about that now, hasn't it? Considering the time I was here without you and the time you were here without me."

Natasha hadn't realised, but began to count in her head, "You're right. Shit."

"What are we going to do?" Wanda looked at her partner worried. They didn't have to pay any rent on the trailer thankfully, but they did need to keep it warm and keep the power on. Plus food and fuel.

Natasha hadn't needed to worry about money much over the years. When she was with The Red Room they covered all expenses, not that she lived a life of luxury but they fed her and kept a roof over her head.

When she defected, she was given a large allowance by S.H.I.E.L.D. and then once she became an Avenger, Tony basically funded everything she needed. She lived at the compound, and ate in the shared kitchen so was always able to put a lot of money away. Unfortunately that money wasn't exactly accessible right now.

"You have money right?" Wanda prompted as Natasha hadn't answered her.

"I do, and I don't," Natasha sighed, "It's in my US accounts, but I can't really access those without giving my location away."

"Can your friend? The one that sorted-"

"Rick?"

"Yeah, Rick. Can he get you more money?"

Natasha ran her hand through her hair, "I think I've maxed my tab out there, to be honest."

"Tab?"

"I asked him to get me a jet."

"The jet? That jet is yours?"

Natasha nodded and tried to understand the look on Wanda's face. She couldn't, so asked, "What?"

"No it's just kinda attractive that you own a jet."

"No," Natasha pointed at her teasingly, "You can't say stuff like that until we figure this out."

"Okay, fine," Wanda smiled, "So, should we start looking for jobs?"

"I don't know how well that would work, we can't really announce who we are and I don't know about you but my resume isn't really something I could share."