Chapter 18 - Views

After getting over the initial shock of Wanda having officially accepted her proposal, and when she eventually found herself able to part herself from her lover, Natasha showed Wanda the pictures she took of the house that would hopefully be the one for them.

Wanda loved it, she appreciated the red exterior, and thought it was a fitting colour for them both. The pictures of course didn't show anything of the interior, but at this point the two women were already hooked, it would have taken a lot for them to not go through with the purchase.

At the same time, they did agree that while they did have a lot of money available to them now, it wasn't an infinite amount, and they didn't know if or when they would be able to earn again. As the real estate market was competitive and it was very seldom that the market updated in their area, the property was a lot more expensive than they had bargained for. They could afford it, but it wasn't the kind of money you would pay without knowing what you're paying for, so Natasha had made an appointment for them to go and look at it together.

Thankfully the realtor was available the following morning for them to come and see it, and according to her, they were the first people to contact her about it. Everything seemed to be going their way for once.

As Wanda moved around the kitchen, cooking up a storm with her new ingredients, Natasha watched on from the table. She had been told explicitly not to help, as Wanda wanted to give her a night off from the cooking, and Natasha did not object to the break. It wasn't the actual cooking she minded, it was the deciding what to make.

When they were at the compound Sam and Steve were generally quite good at knowing what they wanted to eat, and when she and Wanda didn't know what they wanted, they would just eat with them. Now that they were alone, they sometimes felt like they were stuck in an endless loop of deciding what to eat, and for some reason the simple decision seemed to become more and more difficult to make with each passing day. Thankfully though, tonight Wanda knew exactly what she wanted, and without thinking Natasha had managed to pick up everything that she needed.

Natasha switched her view from Wanda to her phone, rereading the listing she had taken a picture of and scrolling through the other photos of the property. She wasn't exactly looking for something wrong with it, but if there was she wanted to know sooner rather than later. She was finding herself becoming more excited at the potential the home offered for them with every passing minute, and Wanda's enthusiastic questions weren't helping her keep a level head.

"So, how many bedrooms was it again?"

"Two, but we can extend," Natasha replied.

"How many do you think we'll need?" Wanda asked. She was facing away from Natasha, stirring her sauce, so couldn't see the slight panic in Natasha's eyes at the question.

They had already agreed just hours before that they wanted children, but the question Wanda was asking was basically how many, and Natasha had no idea. One? Three? Eight?

"I'm not sure."

"Well, three or four would be ideal, don't you think?" Wanda commented casually.

"That many?"

"Well, one for us, and then one for guests, and then that would leave one or two for you know, any small people that live with us in the future," Wanda laughed.

"That sounds good," Natasha smiled into her phone.

"Does it say anything else?"

Natasha was still trying to understand the full text, it was handwritten which made it a little harder for her to understand with her slightly broken Norwegian.