Capitel 4

《 ~ Second Try ~ 》

         After they all introduced themselves one by one, it got quiet. Jisung has nothing to say and the others seem to be waiting for a reaction or question from Jisung. But Jisung only wants to go to a safe place and never leave it again. He doesn't know how to feel. On the one hand he is afraid that these monsters will kill him, but on the other hand he also feels angry. After all, these monsters that are standing in front of him have been kidnapping children for centuries and doing who knows what to them.
Then something occurs to Jisung.

"I have a question?" Jisung says and looks at the others tensely. The others then look at him tensely, as if they had just been waiting for this.
"Of course. Just ask," says Taeyong.
"What are you doing with the children you kidnapped?" Jisung asks boldly, looking at them curiously. The others are a bit surprised by the question.
"Did you know any of the children?" he gets as a counter-question from Mark, who looks at him suspiciously.
"W-What? No," says Jisung, a little anxious. He doesn't like it when Mark looks at him like that, it scares him.

"Then why do you want to know?" Johnny asks this time, looking at him a bit strangely. "Just because I'm curious" says Jisung. He doesn't understand the boys' sudden change in mood. He's only interested in the children and since he's not leaving here at the moment anyway, they can tell him the truth.
"You can ask us anything you want, but we can't answer that question for you," says Jungwoo, smiling slightly at him. But he knows exactly that this smile is not real.
"Because you can't or because you don't want to?" Jisung asks quietly, but the others clearly understood me

"I don't know what your problem is, but we are in charge here as you may have noticed and you have to listen to us from now on, do you understand that?" Jaemin suddenly yells at him. Jaemin has already really scared the boy and now Jisung develops a fear that he has never felt in his life. He would love to lie down in bed now and put a thick blanket over his head and just sink into a dream world and never wake up from it again.
"Jisung it's better if you go to your room. We'll get you when there's food," Taeyong says and Jisung was about to run when he noticed something.

"W-Where's my room?" the boy asks in a low voice, keeping at least two meters away from everyone.
"

The one you escaped from," Jaehyun says coldly, and Jisung immediately knows what he means. Luckily, Jisung has a good memory, so he knows where to go, so he runs very quickly. He runs up the stairs and down the hallway until he finally stands at the familiar door and opens it in a flash. He runs into the room and then immediately locks the door again. He walks to the bed and then lies back down on it.

He stares at the ceiling and thinks.
"Would they have let me go if I had just waited in this room?"
"What are they going to do with me?"
"Why don't they want to tell me about the children?"
"Will I ever get out of here?"
All these questions are buzzing in his head, but he won't get an answer to any of the questions in the near future. He already knows that because he won't be talking to the boys any time soon. They scare him and he just wants to avoid them. But he is their prisoner and has nowhere to go.

He just lies in his bed and thinks about his old home that he probably won't see for the next few months, but Jisung won't give up. He is determined that he will escape from here, but he does not yet know how. He doesn't know where he is or where to flee to, which means he has to get a map unnoticed. But where does he get a map of this place?
Then he also has to gain the trust of the others so that he can open the exit door. But that may take a while as he just made them very angry, especially that Jaemin guy.
He scares Jisung the most. Why? No idea.

He looks Jaemin in the eyes and feels his skin getting goosebumps and his hair stand up. He can feel the boy's dark, demonic aura just by one look. Something about Jaemin intimidates the boy, and Jisung doesn't like that feeling.
Just thinking about the boy horrifies Jisung and tears himself out of his thoughts. Jisung gets up and goes to the door. He puts his ear to the door and listens for voices or footsteps. But when he doesn't hear a peep, he opens the door a crack and looks into the hallway. But he sees no one and then he enters the hallway.

He walks the same way he walked the first time, hoping not to run into anyone, but it almost seems like there is nobody in the house. He goes down the stairs and when he's back in the entrance area, he briefly considers whether he should try to open the door or not. But then it occurs to him that it will probably be locked and so he just keeps going.
He looks for the kitchen and actually finds it after five minutes of searching. He looks in the fridge, but finds nothing to eat but a bottle of red juice.
He decides to open it and put something in the glass, then he dilutes it with some water and then takes a big sip.

When he lets the mixture in his mouth sit on his tongue and his taste buds decides about the taste, the boy gets sick. He tastes a slightly metallic taste, but cannot assign it. Jisung just decides to spit the juice from his mouth into the sink and looks at the stuff in the glass. It looks like regular cherry juice but tastes zero fruity.
"I guess we have to get you something to eat," Jisung hears a voice saying behind him and so he quickly turns around and looks straight into Taeyong's face. He realize just like now, that Taeyong is so close to him.
"It's not juice," Taeyong explains, but only confuses the boy more.
"W-What then?" Jisung asks a little nervously. He probably doesn't want to know.

"That's blood," Taeyong says, giving the boy a smirk. Jisung immediately gets sick and throws up a little in the sink, after which Taeyong then rubs his back, but Jisung doesn't want help from a monster and kidnapper, so he hurries up and then walks a few steps away.
"I-I'm going back to bed. G-Good night," Jisung says quickly and disappearing into his room as quickly as he can. To be on the safe side, he locks the door and puts another cupboard in front of it. Then he snuggles up in his bed and just closes his eyes.
But that night, Jisung can't get the taste of blood out of his mouth, no matter how hard he tries to think of something else. The blood still remains in his mouth and his thoughts.