Capitel 18

Jisung walks next to his father and looks around like a little curious kid.
Then the two stop in front of a door. His father looks at him briefly and then opens the door.
Jisung looks curiously around the room and sees an elderly woman, whom he recognizes immediately. "Granny!" he shouts loudly and runs towards his grandmother, who is stretching out her arms to greet him.
"There's my little one. I haven't seen you for a long time," she says as she picks Jisung up and tickles Jisung, causing the little one to giggle.

"Mom," says Jisung's father and gets the attention of both of them.
"Son, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you-" but her son cuts her off before she could finish her sentence. "Actually yes, but father ordered me to come over," he says, and now his mother is looking at him curiously. "Why is that?" she asks, seeing her son's sad look and already has a guess.
"I gave me a task, I shoukd bring you and Jisung-" but this time his mother interrupts him.

"I will stay here at your father's side," she says decisively and approaches her son.
"But father said-" Jisung's father wanted to say, but his mother remained stubborn.
"I'll tell your father everything, but you should go with Jisung. You two aren't safe here and you know how important Jisung is to this world," his mother says, handing Jisung back to his arms.
"Mother, I can't lose you too," he begs his mother, but she just shakes her head.

"Go now. Before it's too late," she says and sends the two out the door. He and Jisung's father stand in front of the locked door for a moment.
"Dad?" Jisung asks and his father looks at him.
"I don't know why everyone would risk their life for you, but I won't do it. I won't leave my family to protect the alleged chosen one who killed my wife," says Jisung's father, but Jisung doesn't understand one word. He's still too young to understand what his meant.

"Hey you," says Jisung's father, addressing a maid walking by. She looks at her master.
"What do you wish, Your Highness," she says, bowing. "Take him and bring him out of the country. Take him far away and then never come back and don't tell a soul who this boy is," says Jisung's father and then pushes his son into the maid's arms.
"You're not my son," he says, and then disappears. The maid is overwhelmed because Jisung has now also started crying because he misses his father. But the maid has received an order and now she has to fill it out.

And so the maid brings the boy into the human world and sets him down at a strange front door. She never checked on him again, so Jisung grew up with the humans.

After a while, Jisung wakes up from the terrible memory. Luckily for him no one was in his room so he can just let his tears flow.
"My father gave me away... I'm supposed to have killed my mother.... I'm the chosen one....", Jisung says quietly to himself as he lets it all through in his head again. Jisung doesn't know what to believe anymore, but it seems to be a memory from before.

"Why did he send me away? Are they still alive?
But according to the legend, my grandfather died... What about Granny and... my father. But one of the most important questions is... who is this Minyung and why is he like me?" Jisung asks himself. He has now received some answers, but unfortunately new, much more complicated questions have arisen. He doesn't understand anything anymore. His whole life is a lie and his father is a bastard. He just gave Jisung, his own son, to a maid and sent him away. WHY? Why did his father do that?

But before Jisung can think about it any further, his room door opens and Jungwoo and Yuta come in, looking very pleased.
"Jisung you're alive," Yuta yells and immediately gets a nudge from Jungwoo, because Jisung is confused. "Why shouldn't I live anymore?" he asks the two, but Jungwoo just laughs it off.
"Nothing. Yuta is just a bit dramatic," he says, giving Yuta a serious look, which immediately makes him swallow.

"How are you?" Jungwoo then asks, examining Jisung for injury.
"I'm fine, but why am I here? I was with Yuta," Jisung asks innocently.
"You... passed out during the process and that's why we put you in your bed," Yuta says and Jisung believes them.
"But tell me Jisung, do you remember anything?" Yuta asks and Jisung knows what he's getting at. Jisung briefly considers telling the truth, but then decides against it.
"No, nothing. I only know that I was sitting in front of you and then I woke up here," he lies to them and of course they both believe him.

'It's better if they don't know. Who knows what they'll do to me then? Maybe they would bring me back to my kingdom and I'm not ready for that yet' Jisung thinks to himself.
"Good...", Yuta says and looks at the floor.
"Why what did you see?" Jisung asks, pretending not to know.
"Oh, nothing important. It was just an insignificant childhood memory," Yuta lies and Jisung knows it, of course. 'Insignificant huh?'
"Don't worry about that. You should eat something to regain your strength," says Jungwoo and Jisung follows him.

Yuta goes somewhere else. He said he had to discuss something important with the leader.
"Who's the leader?" Jisung asks while watching Jungwoo make pancakes for him.
"Oh, nobody important," says Jungwoo and Jisung gets the feeling that the next few days will be mysterious and dangerous for him and that he should be careful. Even before Jungwoo...