Capitel 30

"MUM! DAD!"

I wake up abruptly from my dream and look around. I'm still in my room with the monsters. The dream felt so real. I really thought I was back in my old home. The day my parents suddenly disappeared.
My 12th birthday. I never saw them again after that. I always thought they just ran away because they didn't want to have children. It was terrible for me. I had the birthday cake in front of me, but no trace of my parents. Where did they go and why did they leave me alone on my birthday of all days? I never understood that.

They even baked me a cake and decorated the room something. I can still remember going down the stairs because I heard loud noises downstairs, but when I stood in the living room, no one was there. They had both disappeared. Even when the police searched the whole city for them, they had no trace. The police said at the time that they didn't run away because they left all their valuables and clothes, but what else would they have done? There was no evidence that they had been killed. It was as if they had been swallowed up by the ground.

From my birth, until my 12th birthday, I can hardly remember anything. I lost my entire childhood, but that wasn't bad for me, because I couldn't get hurt. Unfortunately, a rumor was born on the day my parents disappeared. No one could explain the sudden disappearance of my parents, whereupon most of the neighbors then said that I was a monster and I killed them, but since there was no evidence of murder, the rumor disappeared as quickly as it came. But even when I went back to school after half a year, everyone stayed away from me.
It was a terrible time for a 12-year-old boy.

And now that I know I had a brother who was a vampire and that I'm supposed to be something other than human, I'm pretty sure my parents were killed by a monster. Which is why I'm not mad at them anymore. All my life I thought they just wanted to get rid of me, but now I can safely say that they loved me. And that makes me happy. I just hope that one day I can meet the murderer and confront him. But today I will devote myself to another matter. The Elf Flower...

I need it to finally get my memories back. But where can I find an elf flower? I don't know my way around this world and I'm not allowed to leave the house. How am I supposed to get a flower?
I get up and walk around my room thinking. I am totally absorbed in my thoughts until a cold gust of wind hits me. I look at my window and notice that it is open. "Has it been open all along?", I ask myself and walk towards my window. The closer I get, the better I can see it.
A flower was placed on the outer window ledge. "What's that?" I take the flower in my hand and notice that there is a note underneath it. It says...

"Take it..."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I take a closer look at the flower. It has green flowerpetals and a black stem. If I didn't know better, I'd say this is an elf flower. But how can I be sure that it really is one? I put it with the other things I collected for the potion and then go to the library. I need to make sure what an elf flower looks like. Only then can I be sure. After all, Minyung should be able to walk around here and if it was him, then I don't know what he's up to. He's my brother, but I can't remember him and I don't know what he planned or why he should help me . But it could also have been my biological mother who wanted to make my search easier. But I need to be sure.

I'm looking for a botany book and looking for the elf flower and when I actually found the page, a picture of it shoots right in my face and actually my flower looks exactly like the one in this book. Someone actually put the flower in my hands. That means I can finally get my memories back and get some answers to questions I've been carrying around with me for ages. It's also about time that I finally get answers. I need to know who and what I am.

As I was about to go up the stairs, there was suddenly a frantic knock on the door. I wait until someone from the others comes, but somehow no one comes.
"Where did they all go?", I ask myself. The knocking becomes louder and more aggressive, but no one comes. "Should I open it?", I ask myself, but usually, it is blocked for me. But it seems urgent, so I go to the door. I take a deep breath and then, to my surprise, I open it a crack. My breath stops immediately when I see the person.

"Who are you and where is Taeyong?"

.

.

Help! I can't stop writing this story.
I want to keep writing and finish it, because I'm getting excited to, but I have other things to do too.

Anyways, hope you enjoy it!

~chichi