Capitel 21

》Book of sages - Part 2《

"I need this book, but who can have it?" Jisung thinks for a while and can't help but ask Yuta who might have the book, after all it's kind of his library.
"Well then..." the boy says nervos and exhausted from all the events that have been following him over the past few days. First his father, then his mother and now his brother. Who's next? His grandfather? Jisung smiles slightly at the thought. It would be pretty cool to see his grandfather, but it's impossible cause he is dead.

As Jisung stood in front of Yuta's room, he became more and more nervous.
"Y-Yuta are you there?" he asks while knocking on the door, but nobody answers him. He decides to look inside, maybe the older one just didn't hear him. Jisung cautiously opens the door and looks into the room. "Yuta?" he asks again, but he doesn't see anyone. The room is exactly as he left it two days ago. The book with the legend still lies on the carpet in the middle and the window is still half covered. He didn't really notice that last time because he didn't think it was important, but the left curtain is closed.

Jisung goes to the window and looks outside. This room is higher than Jisung's and it is on the other side. For the first time, Jisung sees something other than just the forest, which blocks his sight of any view. Jisung can see the sky, its clouds and the birds. He hasn't seen anything other than those walls of the building and those creatures in a long time. Looking out the window like this, he misses the hours of long walks he used to take when he was stressed, exhausted, or mentally injured. He loved just getting out into nature and just unwinding without being bothered by anyone.

Jisung shakes his head and goes back to the important things. He walks towards the bookshelf that Jisung noticed the first time. He looks at the books and goes through the names. And luckily for him, the book is on this shelf.
"I guess I'm lucky," he says to himself and takes the book, but before he wants to leave the room again, something occurs to him.
"What if Yuta notices that the book is missing?" he says to himself and decides not to leave. It would be too risky and would only raise unnecessary questions, so he flips through the book for a moment, looking for an answer.

His father wrote a few things about the stone and the power and knowledge it carries.
"No wonder so many wanted it," says Jisung, reading on. He comes across a few pages of potions that are incredible but nearly impossible to obtain.
"A strand of hair from an innocent angel... a piece of the golden cloud... what are these things," Jisung wonders, but he doesn't care. He needs the potion to regain his memories. And after a few more pages he actually finds the potion.

He sees the ingredients he already knows, but is more interested in what's written underneath.
"It takes a drop of a unicorn while it blooms in its full form, a blossom of the elf flower after it has withered, and a flash of moonlight while it stood at the highest point in the sky. Mix these three ingredients together and say the Sentence: 'Power of the moon, power of the unicorn, power of the elf flower gives me my memory back!'", Jisung immediately writes the sentence down and then very quickly puts the book back.

Then he sneaks out of the room back into his own. But what Jisung noticed on the way back was...
"Why isn't anyone here? Where is everyone?", and Jisung actually thinks about it and decides to go to the kitchen. He got hungry anyway, so he has a good reason to go down.
First he goes into the living room, but there is no one there, and he cannot find anyone in the library or in the meeting room. Then he goes into the kitchen and there is nobody there either.

He decides to make something to eat and maybe someone will come.
But even after an hour of cooking, no one came to it. It's almost like they're all out of the house.
"Where are they?" asks Jisung and sits down at the table to eat. He made himself ramen and two fried eggs with some freshly cooked vegetables. As he eats, he keeps listening to see if he can hear anything, but the whole house is dead quiet.

When Jisung is done, he simply puts the dishes in the sink and decides to explore the house. He's been here for weeks now but doesn't know anything about the house. He knows the entrance area, the meeting room and the library, but nothing more.
One door has always fascinated the boy. It's right next to the stairs and Jisung never dared enter the room because he thought he might get in trouble, but now that everyone's gone he can take a look inside.

He opens the door and is greeted by a disgusting smell that irritates the boy. There is a strong smell of decay and blood, but that only makes the boy more curious. So he looks for a light switch, which of course doesn't exist.
"That was probably the end of my luck," says Jisung and decides to set off anyway. He feels his way around with his feet and realizes that it's a narrow floor, just wide enough for him to stretch his arms out till his elbows. He walks a little and then sees a faint yellow light, which he slowly walks towards.

At the end of the corridor he sees a staircase on the right that leads down and on the left one that goes up. He decides to go downstairs first, because that's where the light comes from and it gets darker and darker as you go upstairs. So Jisung goes down the stairs, which are quite a lot, but he noticed that it's like a spiral staircase. It's along the wall, but it seems like the boy is going down a tower. As he goes down, he can hear fainted voices, which of course immediately grabs Jisung's curiosity, so he goes even further down. The voices are getting clearer and he actually recognizes them...

His kidnappers...