Capitel 5

《 ~ New Start ~ 》

         Jisung wakes up the next morning, very late in the afternoon. He hadn't been able to sleep well that night. The thought of the blood in his mouth and those monsters staring at him kept coming back.
He actually dreamed of this Jaemin boy visiting him at night and then leaning over him. Jaemin sniffed his neck while Jisung lay petrified and couldn't do anything, not even scream. Jaemin put his nose on Jisung's neck and took a deep breath. Then he whispered softly "You smell good", then everything turned red before his eyes and he felt a sharp pain onbhis neck.
Jaemin bit him.
Luckily it was all just a dream and Jisung woke up wet and sweaty. Despite this, he couldn't sleep for a while after that, but he managed to close his eyes again towards morning and continue to sleep without further interruptions.

Jisung looked around the room tired and sleepy. For a brief moment he forgot where he was, but then the memories came back like a movie. Finally, Jisung fell onto the bed, breathing heavily, and thought.
He didn't know what his next steps would be. How long will he stay here? How long will he survive here? He doesn't know, but he doesn't have an answer either. He doesn't know what awaits him behind this door. He doesn't know what the others intend to do with him and he certainly can't imagine it. Will he ever be in his own bed again, in his own four walls? Will he ever see anything but those gray walls and the forest out there? Will he ever see human faces again?

So many questions and not a single answer.
At the thought of being stuck here forever, the boy bursts into tears and can't hold back his sobs. It hurts... It hurts not knowing what the future could be like... It hurts not knowing what kind of characters these guys are.
"Why did I just go into that stupid forest? Why couldn't I resist it? What brought me here?"
"You needed answers," said a voice from the direction of the door. Jisung immediately jumped and looked at the person. It was Jungwoo. Jisung immediately noticed one thing about the older man. He's not like the others. He got those soft features that make him look like an innocent angel, but Jisung learned one thing here. Do not trust anyone.

"I know you're scared and I know it's not easy, but I can promise you that if you follow the rules, nothing will happen to you," Jungwoo says, coming to Jisung's bedside, whereupon the boy crawls away, but Jungwoo doesn't stop, he continues to walk towards him and sits on Jisung's bed, but he keeps his distance.
"You know, sometimes it's good to see something alive," says Jungwoo, smiling slightly.
Jisung was confused, after all the others are alive too, aren't they?
"You're the only human in this house. The others are all just monsters or superhuman beings. It just feels good to see you," says Jungwoo and Jisung can understand him a bit.

"May I ask you something?" Jisung asks, looking at the older man expectantly.
"Sure," Jungwoo just answers and also looks at the boy.
"What are you? I mean what is your true form and... and are you dangerous?" asks Jisung. He's afraid that he'll face another demon-like thing again, and the slightest trigger will reveal its true form.
"I'm a unicorn. My main power is healing and no, I'm not dangerous, but you shouldn't provoke me or betray me because I don't like that at all," says Jungwoo, slightly intimidating the boy, but Jisung still sympathizes that Jungwoo is nicer than the others.

The two talk for another half hour until Jungwoo has to go because he still has to have breakfast.
"You should eat something too," Jungwoo says as he stands at the door.
"I'm not hungry, thanks," Jisung lies to the elder, who gives him a suspicious look but leaves the room anyway.
Of course Jisung is hungry, but he doesn't want to eat with the others and especially not blood again. He just hopes that they will think of getting him something normal to eat, otherwise he will die of starvation here. Jisung doesn't want to stay here and dying would be a solution, but he doesn't want to starve here in this room, he doesn't want to do that after all.

"What am I going to do here for the next few days, months or maybe years?" Jisung asks himself as he goes to his window and looks out. "Will I ever feel the wind blowing through my hair or the warm rays of sunshine on my skin again?" Jisung whispers softly to himself. He misses going for a minute-long walk outside and just enjoying nature. He used to do that all the time. Even as a small child, he would walk through the woods with his parents and have bouquets of flowers for his mother picked.

"Oh mom... dad..." he thinks of the old days. How it was with them back then and where he ended up now. "How could that happen?"
Depressed, he opens the window and sits on the windowsill. He stretches his legs out the window and dangles them in the air. He closes his eyes and enjoys the light rays of sunshine that fight their way through the tall trees. The sun's rays and the cool breeze tingle on his skin. He missed that feeling.
"But it's too weak," he says, opening his eyes again. There is hardly any wind in this forest and the sun is blocked by the trees. It's bot enough for the boy. He is still missing the full impact of a wind or the burning sun rays's tickling his skin.

"Will I ever be free again?", the same questions over and over again and he will never get an answer.
Nobody will tell him exactly where he is, nobody will help him, nobody will notice his absence, nobody will look for him and nobody will miss him.
"Why don't I have any friends...?", Jisung asks himself while he thinks back to his childhood and school days.

It was never easy for him. He was always the outsider, the weird one. Nobody liked him. He would have no friends. Nobody understood him.
As a child he thought nothing of it, but as the others became meaner to him and the people around him less and less, the doubts began, but he never found an answer. He never understood why the others never liked him. After all, there was nothing about Jisung that was different. He was just a normal boy. He loved cars and nature. He was a very happy person, but they were still all mean to him and kept their distance from him.

"I'm tired..", Jisung says softly to himself and leans his head against the window frame. He closes his eyes and thinks about the beautiful moments of his childhood. They may be only a few, but they are special. Jisung was always grateful for one thing, his Parents.
They were always there for Jisung. They protected him and helped him. They gave him love and attention. Thanks to them he was able to grow up normally after all.
But these people have changed too. They left him alone when he needed them the most. Just left him in the world without giving a reason.
"I'm destined to be alone...", Jisung says quietly to himself until he finally doesn't notice anything anymore and just sleeps on the windowsill.