Capitel 20

》Book of Sages - Part 1

Jisung looks at a piece of paper that says a few things he needs to get to get his memories back. Once he has his memories back, he will finally have answers to his questions. The list is not particularly long. It only says four things he needs.

Book of Sages

Unicorn blood

Blossoms of the elf flower

Light of the Bloodmoon

Although the light will be difficult to get, his mother said, since this moon only appears in the sky once every three million years and the last one was already 100 days ago. That means he has to find someone who has something from it, but he doesn't know much about this world, the monster and doesn't know where to get things like this from. He could find the book in the library or at Yuta's meditation room, but he really didn't want to tell anyone about his actions, which means he has to think about a lie. But Jisung is not very good at lying.

"How am I supposed to get these four things?" Jisung asks himself desperately, but decides not to give up right away but to try. He has to make it to finally get answers. "It's best if I start with the book, because that's when they'll ask the fewest questions. I'll just say I'm bored and I want to read the book, if it's here at all," Jisung says to himself as he gets one thinks up a plan.

So Jisung goes to the library, which amazes him every time. Many might think of a simple room with three shelves full of books, but this is a large room with row after row of shelves full of books. The ceiling of this hall is at least 5 meters high and the shelves are also about 3 meters high. If Jisung can believe Yuta, then there are said to be over 20,000 books, but Jisung can't believe it at all. But there are actually a lot of books.

"Well then..." Jisung says to himself to motivate himself. Then he goes to a table on which lies an old and very, very, very thick book. Here Yuta always writes the names of the books, as well as the shelf number and row number, so that he can find the books faster. Yuta also calls it the "Guide".
'When you look at Yuta like this, everyone immediately thinks of a terrifying murderer, but not of the fact that he's a nerd,' Jisung thinks to himself and then looks through the pages of the thick book.

"S... S... S.... Sa... Sages... Here it is," Jisung says quietly as he goes through each book. And sure enough, he has found the book. Jisung traces his finger to the right along the line and reads the shelf and row number "Shelf 302, row 15," he notes, then looks down the long hallway ahead of him, where the right half of the shelf split from the left side. Jisung gasps loudly when he sees that it starts with 1 on the right and ends with 500 on the left, but he's looking for the 302. So he goes and looks for the shelf.

When he finally found it, he stands in front of the shelf and looks for row 15, which he found faster than the shelf itself. But when he goes through the books in the row to find the book pf sages, he doesn't see it. It's gone. Jisung takes a closer look at the row and notices a small red sticker in a place where a book might be missing. "So someone must have already taken it out," Jisung concludes.
"But who?" Jisung asks immediately, wondering who might be interested in this book.

But as he goes through all the members of this house, that could have possibly taken the book, he hears the large front door to the library open. Jisung peeks past the shelf but remains crouched. He only sees the person's back, but he is holding a thick book. The person looks through the Guide and seems to be figuring out the book's location. When the person found the shelf, he turned around and Jisung recognized the person...

Minyung

His brother? Jisung doesn't understand what's happening here. What is his brother doing here and why is he in this library? Do the others know him? What is he doing here? Does he know Jisung is here? What kind of book is that?

Jisung has so many questions but doesn't have time to answer them, so he does the only sensible thing and keeps hiding, but he watches Minyung. He wants to know what book his brother had there. So he waits until Minyung goes to shelf 23 and puts the book in row 7. Then he waits until Minyung disappears from the library and then goes to the shelf and takes the book.

"The Truth," Jisung reads the title of the book. Jisung opens the book and flips through the table of contents. "The legend of the king... What actually happened to the prince?... Who is the chosen one?", but all of these headlines don't interest him quite as much as this one in particular. "'The Book of Sages', what did that mean?" Jisung wondered. He wondered why the book, that he was looking for, was in the book his brother was holding. Is that a sign? Should Jisung read this book first?

Jisung didn't have long to think about it, so he just took it and left the library as fast as he could, but still unseen. At least he thought he had escaped unseen. But one person has been watching the boy for several days without Jisung noticing.

When Jisung got to his room, he sat down at his desk and flipped through the pages. Then, when he got to the chapter 'The Book of Sages', he read carefully line by line. It said what the book of sages is about, who used it the most and who actually wrote it. When Jisung read this name, his heart almost stopped.
"Park Chanyeol... my father, my real father," Jisung said, vaguely remembering the moment that name slipped briefly into his memory. His father have written this book and his mother told Jisung to look for it because it can help to bring back his memory.

Jisung reads on and sees a paragraph from the actual book.

"The last creature, the last of its kind, and the most precious light work wonders on the right person!"

Jisung reads this sentence several times and then compares his things with this sentence.
"The last creature... The last unicorn.... the last of its kind.... the last elf flower... the most precious light... blood moon light... but what is meant by the right person and what kind wonder?", Jisung thinks for a long time, but then it hits him like a bolt of lightning.

"Me... I'm the right person and the miracle is the return of my memories," Jisung exclaims happily, finally having a small answer to the question of why he should seek these things.
"But that's not enough for me. I need the Book of Sages."