Capitel 22

️This part will contain violence and brutality❗️

A dark secret《

             Jisung can't believe what he's hearing. He doesn't really listen to the conversations, but he's not only shocked that his kidnappers are down here in the basement, but also that he hears children's voices. Then he remembers the "reason" why he came here. He wanted to find out why children keep going into the forest even though it was forbidden and why they always disappeared afterwards.

Jisung goes further down and then hides behind the wall that separates the room where the others and the children are from the stairs. Then he watches them and tries to find out why they kidnap the children and what they do to them.

"Hyung, can we finally get started? What if Jisung notices our absence," says Doyoung.
"Or what if he noticed it already and now runs away?" Jaemin interjects and they all look at him.
"We locked the door and even if he escaped, he doesn't know his way around the forest and we would find him again very quickly," says Taeyongs.
"But you can get started. Start with the girls, they're always the loudest," says Jaehyun, standing next to his husband, who looks a bit sad.

And that's when Jisung notices the faces of Sicheng, Ten, Taeyong and Doyoung. They don't look the same as always. They have a depressed expression on their faces, but Jisung can't focus on their emotions for long when he sees Yuta come in with two girls holding hands and seat them on the chairs that are in the middle of the room. They look scared and are crying very hard. But they don't scream, they are very still. In general, their bodys are very rigid, only their eyes are full of emotions. It's almost as if they are not masters of their bodies.

This is how Jisungbhave felt weeks ago when he ran into the forest. It was like someone was controlling him. As he watches the children, he sees the monsters' eyes turn flash red and what happens next causes Jisung's blood to run cold. The monsters pounce on the children and the screams of the two girls can be heard for a second, but they stop as quickly as they grew louder. Jisung is shocked by the scene unfolding before his eyes.

Sixteen creatures pounce on two innocent girls who are unable to move and kill them. Jisung can only cover his mouth with his hand so he doesn't scream out loud.
'Would thry have done the same to me?'
'Are they still going to do it to me?'
'Why are they killing these children?'
Questions after questions and Jisung feels himself getting more and more dizzy.

After a while, Yuta comes into the room with two other children, and this time there are two boys, but Jisung decides to help them. He can't just watch and pretend kids aren't getting killed in front of him. Jisung doesn't think twice, but protectively throws himself in front of the two boys, who don't move an inch, but whose eyes are already red with tears. They appear to be younger than the two girls and therefore even more frightened.

When the others realize what just happened, they are shocked.
"J-Jisung?" Taeyong speaks in shock, who had turned away from the children the whole time but could see Jisung in the line of sight. The others keep looking at Taeyong and then back at Jisung.
"Why are you doing this?" Jisung asks full of courage, but doesn't let go of the children.
"Jisung please just go upstairs and let us finish this. We can talk afterwards," says Johnny, but Jisung doesn't see the point of leaving the children alone.

"N-No never. I won't go unless you let them go," Jisung says. He's fighting back tears himself. He regrets not having helped the two girls. He can see where Johnny put them and the sight shakes Jisung to the core.
"Why are you doing this to these poor kids, huh? What did they do to you to deserve this?" Jisung yells and the others look shocked but also angry.
"Jisung please just go!" Jungwoo says harshly this time. And to be honest, what hurts Jisung the most is that Jungwoo just watched it the whole time. Jungwoo was supposed to be the angel-like creature.

"How can you? I thought you were normal. I trusted you, but you're just a monster. You're just as disgusting as everyone else in this room," says Jisung, and now Jungwoo can't hold back.
"GET OUT JISUNG BEFORE I KILL YOU!" Jungwoo yells at him and everyone stops immediately. Jisung is also shocked. The only one in this house he even remotely trusted has hurt him deeply and is just as much a monster as the others.
"If you kill these two children, then I'll be gone," Jisung threatens and means it very seriously.

"You won't get far," says Jaemin, smiling slightly.
"We would find you faster than you think," says Mark, also smiling.
"I don't mean to run away," says Jisung, and now everyone is looking at him curiously.
"I'm going to kill myself," he threatens, and now they look shocked. They didn't expect such an answer, but they have no choice.

"Very well," Taeyong says and motions to Sungchan, then Yuta and Jaehyun approach the children, but Jisung wants to protect them. The children's bodies convulse in a moment, but are then forced to look at Yuta. Jisung wants to help them but is dragged upstairs by Johnny and Lucas. But before he is pulles away, he can see how Jaehyun takes the children's hands and then disappears into nowhere.

Jisung is taken to the meeting room by Johnny and Lucas, where the others gradually gather. The boy is warily thrown onto the couch and then waits tensely. When Jaehyun finally got there, he wanted to ask about the kids, but Jaehyun cuts him off.
"They are safe," he assures the boy.

"All right Jisung. I think we have to tell you the truth."