Capitel 29

When Minyung was banished by his parents, he never wanted to go back, but the thought that his brother could be like him does not let him go. So Minyung wanted to save his brother, but how? Jisung was just eleven and had no idea about the world out there. Minyung needed some advice and sought help from the only monster he knows.
"LORD VALDO!" shouts Minyung into the forest, hoping the vampire ruler would hear him.

He runs deeper and deeper into the forest and screams louder and louder and indeed Minyung suddenly hears a soft rustling behind him. When he turns around, he looks directly into the red glowing eyes of the well-known vampire, but this time he was not alone. Behind the vampire stood a girl. She was the same age as Minyung, at least that's what she looked like. She had long blond hair and skin as white as snow, but as soon as a small ray of sunshine touched her skin, the spot gleamed like gold.

"Lord Valdo. Good that you are here. I need her help," he says, but keeps looking at the girl.
'She's beautiful,' Minyung thought, and you could almost call it love at first sight.
"That's fine, because I need a favor from you too," said Lord Valdo, and now Minyung's ears were pricked up. "And that would be?" asked Minyung curiously, and Lord Valdo laughed. "I'll tell you that later. Let's get to your point first," Lord Valdo said and Minyung nodded.

"I have a little brother whom I want to save from my parents' hands, but my parents threw me out of the house and I don't know how to save him now," Minyung said and Lord Valdo listened carefully.
"All right. I have an idea, but tell me, do you know if your brother is like you?" asked Lord Valdo curiously.
"I don't know. I didn't even know I was like that." Lord Valdo just nodded, but then proceeded with his plan.

"You can use your vampire powers to hypnotize your parents and send them away, or do whatever you want with them. Then you can save your brother," said Lord Valdo and Minyung was excited about the idea.
"But why were you kicked out in the first place?" the girl suddenly asked, and Minyung and Lord Valdo turned to her. "Lillith stay out of this," Lord Valdo shouted at the girl. "It's fine. I told my parents a lie and when I didn't get the answers I wanted to hear, I got angry and then I threatened them with a knife. I don't know the rest," Minyung said.

"You had a bloodlust," Lillith said, and Minyung was confused. "A bloodlust means giving free rein to your aggression," Lord Valdo said, and Minyung nodded. "That must have been," Minyung said, and then didn't want to think about it anymore.
"So how does this hypnosis work?"; Minyung asks. Lord Valdo stood in front of Minyung and then placed a finger on his forehead. His pointed fingernail pressed into the boy's forehead, but then everything was like a movie. Minyung saw things... He saw vampires hypnotizing people or reading minds. All the powers a vampire could do were shown to him like in a book and Minyung actually understood.

"That was the summary of us vampires. I hope you understood everything," Lord Valdo said as he moved away from Minyung. Minyung just nodded and was intoxicated with knowledge and power.
"Dad, are you sure it was a good idea?" asked Lillith, but Lord Valdo said nothing.
Minyung ran back home. He was still intoxicated by what he was capable of. It makes him feel powerful and nobody knows if it's such a good idea.
"He's THE monster. He will know what he is doing, but I have other plans in mind," said Lord Valdo and then followed the boy.

When Minyung stood in front of the house, he wanted to knock immediately, but Lord Valdo stopped him. "Our trademark is ambush", then Lord Valdo disappeared into the fog and only now did Minyung notice the creepy atmosphere around him, but he liked it. He loved this darkness and the evil that surrounds him. He enjoyed everything about it and finally felt at home. Minyung ran to a window and looked through it and saw a birthday cake.
"Today is Jisung's 12th birthday," he whispered to himself. He loved his brother, because Jisung was the only one who took him as he is. He wanted to save him from this cruel family.

It evaporated as fog and flies through the chimney into the house. He lets the lamps explode and immediately heard a scream from the kitchen.
"Honey, was that you?" asked Minyung's mum.
"No , honey. It must have been the backup," said the father. "Can you get Jisung out of the room?" the mother asked, but Minyung took the chance and intercepted his father on the stairs.
"Hay Dad," he said, looking into his father's eyes. "Minyung?" his father asked, but Minyung didn't give him time to talk and grabbed him by the cracker and took him into the living room. His father let out a cry of pain, so his mother came immediately.

"What is- Minyung? Is that you?" she asked, immediately running to her husband.
"Hay Mum... I thought I'd come over and say hello to my favorite parents," he said, laughing derisively. "Minyung, what are you up to? Today is your brother's birthday," his mother said.
"I'm aware of that and I have a gift for him," Minyung said, kneeling down to them.
"I'm going to save my brother," Minyung said, his eyes glowing bright red. His mother immediately became frightened and reached for her husband's hand. "W-What are you up to?" asked his father, who was injured when Minyung threw him on the ground.

"Well, at first I thought that you would just run away and he would live alone with me, but now I have a strong need to kill you," Minyung said, and indeed Minyung was in a deadly bloodlust.
"You killing us? You are a coward and no good. You can't even get to look your father in the eye," his father said, mocking Minyung. This made the boy even angrier and all of a sudden, his mother's neck was broken and she lay dead in her husband's lap.
"You monster!" shouted his dad and then they both heard a room door open upstairs.
"Jisung," Minyung said, and immediately the father wanted to scream for his youngest son, but Minyung stopped him.

"Actually, I wanted to make you suffer more, but luckily for you, my little brother is coming, so I'm going to kill you immediately," he said, and all of a sudden, his neck was broken. Minyung heard Jisung slowly coming down the stairs and immediately Minyung grabbed the two bodies and fizzled out. Snapping a finger, the lights in the house went back on and Minyung wanted to go back in with his brother, but Lord Valdo stopped him. "Well done boy," he said. "Thank you, but now I have to go back to my brother," Minyung said, but Lord Valdo did not let him go.

"Do you remember me saying to you that I need something from you too?" asked Lord Valdo and Minyung just nodded. "Good, because now you have to do me the favor. You know, as compensation for helping you," Lord Valdo said, and Minyung knew he wouldn't like it, but Lord Valdo was right. He owes him something. "And that would be?" asked Minyung, and Lord Valdo pointed only to his daughter.
"This is my daughter Lillith and the first heir to the throne of the vampire empire, but she needs a powerful husband or it will be my disgusting brother's son," he said with contempt. He must hate his brother very much.
"That means I'm supposed to marry your daughter?" he asked again to make sure.

"Yes. Today was like a little test to see if you are worthy and you really are," said Lord Valdo. Minyung wasn't averse to marrying this beautiful vampire girl, but he couldn't leave his brother alone.
"But what will become of my brother?" he asked, and Lord Valdo sighed loudly.
"It seems he's not a vampire. He is not even a supernatural being. He cannot enter our world with us, but I allow you to observe him from afar and save him if he needs help. But you are no longer allowed to meet him in person... never again," Lord Valdo said and Minyung had to decide.

"He's a big boy. He'll make it," Lillith said from the side, grabbing her future husband's arm.
"All right. I will marry your daughter. My brother is old enough. He must know what life is like," he says and looks into the house again and sees Jisung frantically searching for his parents. He even goes out the door. "MUM! DAD!" they hear Jisung scream before they disappear and go to the realm of the vampires.
"I'm sorry Jisungie, but I will always protect you..."