Something More. 2/3

Park Chaeyoung doesn't really like the idea of playing "happy families," especially because she believes it's already confusing enough for her daughter, alongside the fact that she makes for a horrible liar. It was a Saturday evening when she dropped off her daughter at her co-parents house after a long day in the amusement park. She asks him for a glass of water, and he welcomes her in and tells her that he wants to talk to her. Sitting on the couch, she waits for him to return when he makes the proposition.

"We exceeded the firms target this year and they're paying for a trip to New Zealand," he notifies her, "... sometime next month."

"That's great, you've worked hard and you do deserve a break," she congratulates him, a genuine smile across her lips, "... please bring me some snacks and a cute sheep plushie for Hyeon."

"Well," he begins, taking a deep breath, "... I was thinking I could bring her along. And you too. The budgets enough for a whole family and we can ask for two separate beds. I think it'll be a good experience for Hyeon to travel outside of Korea while she's still young and can."

A part of her hesitates, but she admits that he has a point. She'd rarely travelled growing up and it was certainly something she'd regretted a lot and it was a really good opportunity.

"Can I think about it first?" She asks him honestly.

"Of course," he responds, "... we can talk about it more also. It's just—well, most of my co-workers and bosses don't know I have a child and well, it's a lot to explain about our—arrangement. So if you decide to go, we might have to... you know... pretend to be married."

"I see," she sighs, "... you know I'm not good at lying."

He chuckles, "... don't worry, that's what having a lawyer as a fake husband is for."

She can't help but let out a giggle too.

"Let's do it," she tells him, "... I mean, I don't have many projects going on and it'll be good for Hyeon too to experience the world."

-

Park Chaeyoung picks up her daughter from Jeon Jungkook's parents' house, because he'd had a last minute urgent case and had to drop her off on the way. She never really liked it there, not so much because Mr. and Mrs. Jeon weren't good grandparents, but because she always felt bad about lying to him. In their minds, the pair had dated and planned on getting married when she fell pregnant, but quickly broke it off for mutual reasons. Hence, visiting them was always very awkward. Mrs. Jeon in particular was extremely fond of her, and often would suggest for her to give her son another chance.

If only she knew.

She sits in the car parked outside of the house and mentally prepares herself for the lying and when she comes in, she sees her daughter playing passionately with the older couple. Park Chaeyoung admits that she is glad that Hyeon can enjoy that kind of relationship.

"I want to play for another 10 minutes!" She begs her mother, which she happily obliges.

The toddler runs to Mr. Jeon who quickly whisks her to the backyard to play on the swings, leaving her alone with Mrs. Jeon.

"How are you Chaeyoung? Please take home some side dishes I made for you," she heads to the kitchen, bringing out tupperwares full of food enough to last an apocalypse.

"Mrs. Jeon, you really shouldn't have!" She looks excitedly at the containers, before hugging the older woman, "... I'll eat it well."

"I heard you're going to New Zealand with Jungkook and Hyeon in a few days, is that true?"