Twisted Games. 3/5

[Thank you for driving me home and buying me medicine, Jungkook.]

[This is Chaeyoung, I received your number from Lisa.]

Jeon Jungkook almost falls out of his bed when he sees the message the following morning, wondering whether he was hallucinating. He quickly responds, not caring that he most likely looked desperate as though he was so sure that even half a second delay would change his mind.

[You're welcome Chae, hope you're feeling better! Did you eat the chocolate?]

The message is left on seen.

He feels shocked. Was she really going to not answer his question?

Was he some sort of game to her?

He goes to the practice room in a very confused mood enough so to make Jung Hoseok scold him for his lack of focus. When he shows the text to the other boys, he gets an equal reaction.

"What's going on in her head? Is she playing hard to get?" Park Jimin raises the question, earning a hit across his arm from Kim Taehyung, who apparently despite agreeing was a very loyal boyfriend.

"Maybe she missed the message," he tries to reason.

She was his first love and she was also his first heartbreak.

Although many years had passed since he first gotten rejected, he'd always wondered about her and when he heard that she was debuting, he thought he'd have anger towards her but then he saw her, black hair tuned amber orange and it was almost as though he tripped on the same untied shoe laces that he'd fallen on before. Park Chaeyoung was truly a work of art and words, actions and money were insufficient to even articulate the depths of her beauty. There was something about her that always made him gravitate towards her, just like when he was only sixteen, as though she were a magician and he was under her spell. She treated him coldly when their group went to congratulate them and at first, he thought it was simply because she was tired or perhaps she was scared of potential shipping (after all, her agency was notorious for strict rules) but then he'd see it time and time again and how differently she'd treated him and the other boys, compared to other female idols. She laughed effervescently and was always hugging her friends, always consolidating them and sending them gifts behind back stage. In many respects, she was still the same girl he knew that always brought him chocolates and candy before the teacher came, the one who'd always hug her friends goodbye when all the other kids simply waved.

She was different.

And somehow, he couldn't just let her go.

Mind you, he certainly tried. He'd go on dates here and there with idols, but even then, he couldn't help but think about her and how much she'd change—yet remained for God damn beautiful.

Fuck you Park Chaeyoung!

-

Tonight is no exception when he finds her in a party hosted by Im Nayeon and he knows for certain that she'll be there because the girls from the group, were some of her closest friends. As he predicted, she stood on the other side of the room, giggling and hugging her friends while he stood on the other side just staring at her.

"You going to say hi?"

He feels a nudge from beside him, putting away from his moment of bliss to reveal Kim Taehyung who had a beer in his hand. Jeon Jungkook was teased at a lot by his members, who noticed his fascination for the girl. He hadn't realised it himself until Min Yoongi commented that he was always looking her direction, with Jung Hoseok agreeing. Perhaps, something rekindled in his broken little heart, despite the aggressive manner that he rejected her.

"Nah, it'll make her uncomfortable," he explains, "... where's Jisoo?"

"Late, she's filming a commercial," he comments, "... did you guys get closer on the car ride?"

He shakes his head, "... I'm not sure why she hates me so much."

"Hm, Jisoo doesn't know too," he informs, "... I'm sorry."

Moments later, he hears a familiar voice from a few metres from him.

"Hi Taehyung, Hi Jungkook," her expression is tense, not so much of a frown as it is a forced smile, "... Jisoo asked me to tell you to pick up your phone, I think she wants to meet you in the studio to get something to eat before coming here."

Both boys bow the full 90 degrees, causing for her to lift her brow in confusion before giggling, "... there's no need for formality."

Was he seeing things right?

Kim Taehyung reaches for his phone, reading through the chats he'd missed before excusing himself. He gives Jeon Jungkook a look, to confirm that it was okay for him to leave, and he quickly nods.

"Lisa isn't coming today, she's visiting her parents they're in Korea for a week," she notifies him, "... I'll be going now." 

Why was she telling him? Was she the new reporter for her group?

It was somewhat amusing.

"Is your headache feeling better?" He asks her, "... did the medicine help?"

She nods, "... but I think I drank a little too much. I forgot about how low my tolerance really is."

"Do you want to sit down and have something to eat to sober up?" He asks her.

Park Chaeyoung nods, her thin fingers wrapped around his wrist as he pulls him towards the open kitchen.

The night was full of surprises.

-

Perhaps it's the alcohol coursing through her system, or the way she can't stop thinking about the chocolate he'd given her but tonight, she's barely thinking with her mind. Somehow, they'd found themselves in the couch of one of the other living rooms, laid out on the floor with their eyes completely to the ceiling.

"Eaching those nachos helped a lot," she breathes, closing her eyes shut, "... but now I feel sleepy."

"Are you sleeping over tonight?" He asks her and she responds by shaking her head, "... should I drive you home?"

"That's a bad idea," this time, her voice is a whisper.

This time, he flips himself around so that his stomach was laying on the floor beside her, turning his head to face her.

"Why do you think that?"

"Then I'll overthink again," she responds, "... about you."

Park Chaeyoung is very drunk, but her conscious mentally hits her for being so soft.

"Will you really not ever tell me why you're so disgusted by me?" He asks, knowing that by morning, she'd be sober enough to go back to where things were.

She's tired. Park Chaeyoung is tired of all of this.

"The dare, I know all about it. Did you really think you'd be able to treat me like a fool?"

He explains the situation to her, about the dare and how he hadn't wanted to participate but that all his friends were doing so and how he really did plan on confessing on his last day, but chickened out at the last minute.

And when she hears it, she feels like an evil woman.

A witch.

Was it the alcohol in her system?

"So you're telling me, that you did like me?"