Twisted Game. 4/5

Morning comes and Park Chaeyoung makes the decision to forget everything that had happened. She remembers clearly, everything from the previous night but she also knows that it's impossible for neither two to be reconciled, given all the pain they had caused each other (whether intentional or not). So, she does what she knows best—she shuts the world out. She decides that she will live her life as though the previous night never occurred, and go back to being strangers.

But Jeon Jungkook is not like him.

A few days pass uneventfully until one morning, she wakes up to the smell of fresh bacon and eggs in the kitchen. She sees her older group mate, Kim Jisoo cooking up a storm.

"Morning, did you sleep well?" She questions.

Uh oh.

Park Chaeyoung knows that the other had something up her sleeve when she was suddenly being overly nice and warm to her.

"Hmm, better than usual," she confirms before walking to the dining room and seeing that her morning coffee and side dishes were already prepared, "... where are the other girls?"

"Jennie has a schedule," the other responds, "... and Lisa is hanging out with Jungkook."

She can feel the way the older woman's eyes linger and it makes her heart race.

Did she know?

"Yes I know," she blurts, and Park Chaeyoung is taken aback at how she somehow red her mind, "... your face is too easy to read. I know about you and Jungkook."

"But how?" Her words are soft and almost scared, closer to a whimper.

"He really cares for you, Chaeyoung," she tells him, "... when I went to the dorm to see Taehyung, he was really upset. I asked Taehyung and he told me everything."

Jeon Jungkook was really, much different to her.

He had always told her to be expression, even when they were just teenagers. When she struggled with work, he'd tell her to not be shy and that we were all here to learn but given her pride and stubbornness, she'd end up sitting in the classroom for hours trying to figure things out on her own.

"He also told me about the dare, I think it's quite sweet that he seems fond of you even to this day, Chaeyoung," she informs her, "... I think he's a good guy."

"Lisa has feelings for him," her voice is low as she gets up from her seat.

"But do you?"

-

[Chaeyoung, can we talk?]

Seen

[I'm actually in the park near your dorm. I'll wait for you.]

Seen

Fifteen minutes pass and she peers through the windows and sees him sitting by the bench. Ordinarily, she'd send a text telling him to go home but she feels bad, knowing that it was particularly cold outside. With a sigh departing from her mouth, she reaches for her padded coat, putting it over her oversized shirt and plaid pyjama pants.

"You're going to catch a cold out here," she speaks, watching as his head instantly turns to her, nose red and lips slightly purple from the cold wind, "... you should go home. I only came here to tell you to go home."

Jeon Jungkook doesn't talk to her, instead he gets up on his feet and looks at her with a tenderness in his eyes.

"I knew you'd come."

"What makes you so sure that I would?" She questions him.

"I know all of this, is just a façade," he responds, "... do you want to go for hot chocolate?"

She doesn't want to.

Park Chaeyoung knows that one hot chocolate will only increase the feelings accumulating in her chest, feelings that she knows she's not allowed to have for him. She shakes her head no.

"Please? I have some questions, you should at least help me answer them," he tells her.

Despite the alarm bells in her mind, she decides that for tonight, she'll put an end of this once and for all.

"Okay, but not for long."

A short ten minute walk brings them to a small European styled café, one that she'd never noticed before. He offers to hold her coat which she politely refuses knowing that she's already inappropriately dressed with the pyjamas pants standing out. He nods, ordering two hot chocolates and a cheesecake to share before they sit by the corner.

"Lisa told me that you've been working a lot lately," he tells her, "... so I thought it'll be nice to get the both of us outside of the house. As well as to clear the air. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding between us."

She nods, "... it's my fault, I'm sorry for making assumptions.

"Would you have though?" He asks her, "... would you have accepted my confession, if you had known that it was real?"

"I would," she doesn't bother to dilute the hard truth, "... but I didn't and that's where the story ended. And where it should remain buried."

"Aren't you cruel, Chaeyoung? For being like this, when I've done nothing wrong?"

She knows.

Park Chaeyoung is not a good woman at all.

She is not deserving of a good man like him.

But everything in the world honestly seemed as though it was pointing at the fact that they needed to be apart.

"So why do you keep trying?" Her voice is almost like ice, "... you should also know when to stop."

"I'll stop then," he lets out a sigh before reaching for the pocket in his jacket, revealing a tiffany and co box, "... when I originally wanted to confess to you in the cram school, I bought you a necklace from the dollar store. I wanted to get you a real one, Lisa helped me choose it."

He puts it down on the table between the two and she later finds out that it's a love heart necklace, one with a hint of blue.

"You don't need to go, I'll leave you alone this is my last gift to you. My last confession, so that there's misunderstanding this time around."

And with that, he was gone. He picks up his phone and wallet and heads out the door.