Long Distance. 1/4

an au where park chaeyoung is a flight attendant who win's jeon jungkook's heart mid flight ^_^

Kim Seokjin notices that there's something wrong with Jeon Jungkook on their flight to Paris.

In the years that they'd spent travelling together, participating in various world tours, he learned a thing or two about the younger gentleman's travel style. Unlike himself, Jeon Jungkook hated to travel, not necessarily over a fear of heights or anxiety over a potential brush with death, but mainly because he hated all the time spent that felt wasted. Due to this, the younger man preferred late flights (where he'd simply board the plane, take his welcome drink and cold towel before popping a sleeping pill into his mouth and dozing off for the entire flight).

Two hours had passed since take off and from behind, he could see that Jeon Jungkook was not only wide awake, but constantly calling for assistance.

Firstly, it was hot tea.

Then it was for help turning the seat into a bed.

After that, was a request for another hot tea.

Jeon Jungkook doesn't even like tea!

He watched as Jeon Jungkook turns to Jung Hoseok who was beside him, asking whether he wanted anything. Almost as if he wanted to offer help to his friend.

Something was off.

Kim Seokjin turns to Kim Namjoon, the unofficial (but somewhat official) parent of the group.

"I think there's something wrong with him, should we ask for a medic?" He points to the younger man, "... maybe he's having a stomach issue."

Kim Namjoon seems to notice it too, getting up from his seat, "... let me talk to him."

From the distance he watches as the pair converse before Kim Namjoon returns to his seat.

"He said he's fine," he notifies him, "... he said there's no need to call for help."

Kim Seokjin thinks that something is strange indeed.

That is, until he gets up as he heads to the bathroom on the plane, thinking he should just give it a rest, take a shower on board and head to bed. He sees the flight attendant helping him, making what he assumes is small talk as she clears his tray table. Her hair was bright blonde and tied into a neat bun, with a couple of larger sections falling across the front of her face, framing it. Then he sees his face—bright red cheeks and a smile as wide as a child in a candy store.

Holy shit, their maknae had a crush!

He takes another glimpse at the girl and can see the appeal. Despite being in identical uniform as a crew, something about the way she presented herself felt different.

Perhaps, it was the hair?

Or the way her make up was light, yet just as well put together.

Something about her simply glowed.

When they get off the flight, Kim Seokjin purposely stands beside his fried a wide grin across his face.

"How was the flight?"

Jeon Jungkook casually shrugs his shoulder, "... not bad."

This little ass was going to act like nothing happened?

"So did you get her number?"

It was then that he watched the younger man's eyes open wide in shock.

"H—how do you know?"

"You were love heart eyes the entire trip, stupid," before he yells out loud for the other boys to hear, "... guys our maknae is in love!"

Later on in the night, Jeon Jungkook visits his room.

"Hyung, can you help me?"

Kim Seokjin turns his head with a raised brow.

He knows exactly where this is going.

"Can you cover for me tonight? Rosie wants to show me around Paris."

Hmm, Rosie? I guess Paris is the city of love indeed.

-

Park Chaeyoung admits that she was shocked when Jeon Jungkook, one of the biggest idols of the current time, was on her flight and even more so when he'd asked for her number right before landing. It wasn't the first time she'd served someone famous before and it certainly was the first time a passenger had asked her out, but it was indeed the first time ever that she'd given a passenger her number. Park Chaeyoung commends herself on her professionalism, especially as one of the youngest cabin crew that jumped up to a purser level at record speed, but when he'd asked her so politely and with such a charming air, she couldn't help but give in, despite her hesitation.

She was more surprised at his directness.

Fast text replies.

Barely three messages in and he was asking her to show him around the city.

She wonders if it's a good idea, especially since surely—everyone and their mother's were tracking his location right? But he insisted that it would be fine.

Her fellow cabin crew warned her about famous clients.

Most of them simply wanted to shag and that was it.

She too, does not know what she's expecting, but as she takes one final glance at the full length mirror—cashmere black turtleneck tucked into high waisted, baggy blue jeans, she cannot help but feel butterflies in her stomach.

When he arrives downstairs to the lobby, she sees him dressed in an oversized black sweater and blue jeans too.

"Rosie," his voice is low and somehow, she can't help but feel her heart beat loudly at her name against his lips, "... you look even better outside of uniform than I expected, it should be deemed illegal on my heart."

Her face turns bright red.

-

Jeon Jungkook thinks that the woman beside him is unreal.

Surely, it was humanly impossible to be so perfect?

She was perfectly guiding him through various attractions in the city, speaking in perfect French. He learns that she's proficient in multiple languages, namely Arabic, Swedish, Portugese, French, English and Korean which made her often allocated in the most random of flights, but Paris was one of her favourites.

She took him to her favourite jazz bar, enjoying red wine against the backdrop of the effiel tower. The woman helped take pictures of him for social media too, and when he offered to do the same, she politely declined.

"I don't have social media," she informs him, "... and I've sent enough pictures of myself in Paris in my first year as cabin crew that my family would literally hate to see another."

He thinks it's a shame.

Perhaps a part of him wanted a photo of her to keep for himself.

By the end of the night, when he sends her off in the lobby of her hotel, he can't help but ask.

"Can we have a picture together?"

He watches as her expression forms into one of confusion, obviously perplexed at the request.

But she doesn't say no.

"When is your next flight?" He questions her in passing as he sends her the photos.

"Next week," she tells him, "... unless I get called last minute, I should be in Sweden."

"Will you come to our show? I'll get you backstage tickets."